need help with abs issue

The abs in my Gmc have been activating as i stop more and more lately. I took the brakes off and cleaned up the sensors but it may have gotten worse.

Anybody have a diagnostic that could plug in and see whats going on? I dont have any cel’s going off.

Fuck abs!

make sure the sensors are perfectly aligned with the ring on the hub…i had the same prob

hmm, not sure i know what the “Ring on the hub” is?

its the hub itself ,best bet is to get a scanner that car read the wheel speed sensors ,drive the truck and watch the speed of the sensors as ya stop one of the hubs is reading wrong .the pnly real way to fix it is to replace em and when ya do trq the nut exactly as it will cause the hub to go bad quickly and or wreck the bearing .most hubs are about 100-200 each .the best aftermarket hubs i have used are from foriegn auto part call 374-1114 talk to ken or ted tell em john from park auto sent ya and they will hook ya up

I have a problem with my truck where the abs kicks in when stopping everytime. Kicks in at about 3-5mph. No lights flash or anything, but it sucks. I didnt even bother trying to get it inspected because i think that it would fail it, and i let the reg expire. I suck at car repair

Yea they used to have a recall on it back a couple years ago. Like john said its the hub rings. They get filled with brake dust and grease and whatnot. You might be able to get away with cleaning the rings up, I think that’s all the stealerships were doing.

I just read on the gmtruck forums that you have to pull the sensor off and sand down the mating surface, as rust and corrosion get in there and break the seal. Maybe i’ll try that first if i get time, or i’ll just bring it to the dealer with the tsp notice i just printed out…

I had the same problem, clean the abs sensor and rings/ look for a broken ring. Pretty much do what John said

I thought they had a notice out for it.