abs light code?

Well i parked the truck(98 f150) and went in to run a errand and i came back out and started the truck and it started fine…went to put it into drive and it wouldnt go into drive! Looked at the dash and the ABS light is flashing… Looks like it flashes 16 times… Is there a code that has to do with the ammount it flashes? Checked the fuse box and there was a blown fuse… replaced that and it fixed the problem but as soon as i got it in drive it did it again… Could it have to do with the brakes? maybee a short? If so how could i track it down location wise?

you may have had a abs sensor go bad. Find out what code it is and you’ll have your answer.

did you just has your truck worked on? or lately

noo… nothin since it was inspected in august…

there very common for triggering a abs light either from the sensor itself or the tone ring one quick way to tell is hit the brake if it feels like its really not there at all well you need a tone ring but most common would be the sensor

just courious do you have 4 wheel disc

nah just front wheel disc…did some looking around… could it be a bad brake light switch?

no doesnt sound right is the actual brake light on in the truck aswell?

brake lights werent workin when i couldnt put it in park…

it may very well be the switch then. do you have brake lights

nooo… soon as i put a new fuse in to get it out of park and hit the brake they blow again… get me out of park so i can move but allmost instantly blows the fuse… I’ll check it first thing in the morning

im off all day tomorrow if we get snow ill be ridin but if not ill help you out if ur close to op

Well i tried the brake switch on the pedal and thats not it… replaced all the tail lights and it still does it…Now it seems like it takes a minute or two to blow the fuse after i start driving then i when i park it keeps the the truck in park till i replace that fuse…any more ideas?