Abs problem....

So this morning, I pull out of my driveway, and my abs light comes on. Get to work to find the ABS pump is continuously running. Even if the truck is off.
Abs unit is located underneath the truck on the left frame rail. Any one with a gm ever have a problem like this? I am moving in like a week, and I don’t have a lot of money to get this fixed…

The internal solenoidss is stuck . Pull fuse for now and replace when ya can

I know the 99-05 gm abs modules had issues. mine continuously loses power feed and trips the ABS/brake lights in the dash for a few minutes, then goes out and works fine for awhile. It’s an issue in the actual module itself and requires replacement, at least on my truck.

Have Jon Waite scan it for you at his shop and get any codes it may be outputting due to the failure. May just be a bad system relay that’s sticking.

lolz, posted right as he responded ^^^

How much will that cost me John?

The pump and shit is expensive , try used esp how u roll thru cars.lol

I’m thinking about fixing it cheap and selling it. Every time I have a problem with this truck, I have no idea how to fix it. It’s just not my domain. I need to get back into a Honda.

Like Jon and Adam said that run of GM trucks have EBCM problems. If you pay to have it fixed it’s gonna be $$$$. Hopefully you just need an EBCM and a not a BPMV(brake pressure modulating valve).

Take the light off the top of the truck. Not gonna fix the problem but it looks stupid as Fuck with it up there.

Already did

Thank you sir. Truck looks good though.

Thanks. It’s a fun truck. But I’m moving to a new apartment with higher rent, so I’m thinking of getting another Honda to bomb around in.

Nick just yank the a.b.s fuse kid . The light will be on and obv no a.b.s but whatever . Later tonight ill be at my garage by park auto call me and ill dive in .

Already pulled the fuse. So the battery wouldn’t die.

ABS system in these trucks is junk anyways. I pull the fuses in the winter regardless if the system is working or not.