integra abs issue

can some explain to me where the solenoids are in the abs system and if they are replaceable as a seperate piece? i’m not sure if this is a seperate part of the abs system or if its part of a larger part of the abs system. i’ve never had a problem with my abs, until the other day when i put a for sale sign on the teg (i guess it don’t like the idea). i forget which wheel it was now, but it said abs solenoid. what ways can i diagnose this issue? abs doesn’t work now (i know because i had to slam on the brakes to miss a deer). other than the abs not working, there is no other issues with the braking system.

btw 96 gsr

Unfortunately, the solenoids are located inside the actual ABS unit under the hood.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1996&catcgry3=4DR+GS-R&catcgry5=ABS%2BMODULATOR%2B%281%29&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

crap…

i bet thats a bitch to replace huh?

Yep, I threw all of my ABS shit out actually. I guess there was a reason to keep it eh?

well, i would like to keep mine just becuase of the fact i’m going to sell it. i figured its a good selling point to say everything works on the car. do you think this is something one could replace just in a driveway with regular tools or do i need something specific? i tried researching it a bit, can’t find what i’m looking for. i’d hate to put up that such and such doesnt work on the car, then all the lowballers will be interested haha

The ABS pump itself isn’t hard, but it’s under pressure so you just have to be careful with it. Swap it out, rebleed EVERYTHING and you should be OK. For the hassle though, I don’t think it’s worth it, nor will it hurt the resale value that much.

hmmm, yeah its def. something to think about. i mean i’d get a used one of course, no way i’d buy a new one. i did just read about checking the relay first, so i’ll do that first. if its that simple that’d be great.

hell if i find a used one cheap enough, i’ll buy it and just sell it with the car maybe.

just pull the abs light on your dash haha ABS isnt needed

if i sell it to someone like that, they’d be pissed

how would they know

When they wreck on gravel because ABS didn’t kick on? Otherwise they really wouldn’t…