97 STS > 03 GT

Out at one of the local Dragstrips the other night with some of the local F-body & Vette guys. This random kid comes by with a 2003 Mustang Gt. It had an exhaust but I don’t believe anything else. This kid was talking up a big game. Even claimed that he beat a new z06 the other night at one of the other local Dragstrips.

We all called BS and told him to pop his hood. It looked stock minus all the Comp Cam, K&N, Summit Racing, etc… Strickers all over the engine bay and underside of his hood.

I spoke up and said “I’ll race you and I’ll even let you pick how the race will start.”

The kid said “oh yea? Depends on what your running”

I walked him over my 97 :snky: STS. He of course laughed and said “That boat isn’t worth my time or gas. I’ll smoke you.”

So I said “then why not run and smoke me, no one else here is offering to race you. Back up this talk about being fast.”

So he finally agreed…

We pulled onto the staging lane, he did a massive burnout and we did a 0-130 run.

He of course got a 1 car jump on me, but since my Northstar has mad top end I started walking by him in 2nd. At the top of 2nd I was 1 1/2 cars ahead and at the end of 3rd atleast 4 Cars.

He then proceeded to claim that he missed 2nd and that he always does because “his pressure plate is old”. Whatever that means… :roflpicard:

I told him that I would give him the benefit of the douht and said that we can do a rematch from 2nd if he’d like. This time we went 40-130.

Of course this is the second worst place to start a race in a northstar besides from a dig. He got a 2 car jump, but I was reeling him in at the end of 2nd. half way through 3rd and we were neck and neck and by the end of 3rd I was 1 car ahead and proceeded to finish 2 cars ahead.

He of course didn’t show up to the pits after that race. :mamoru:

haha, 4.6 on 4.6 action…nice kill. I remember beating one with my mom’s 3.6 CTS, guy got so pissed

haha nice kill

I’m not surprised LOL

Oh Jimmy Jimmy Boy… When are you coming home to visit?

Do you have any mods done to the STS? Props for the Cadi taking out a cocky mofo:clap:

V. Nice! :tup:

Those Caddys move, Fo sho

I ported & polished the heads 6 months ago when it blew a head gasket. Cold Air intake. Exhaust and a small shot (nitrious wasn’t used in this race). Also some suspension upgrades.

Before any mods however I did have run ins with GTs and won.

Nice Kill.

I have the same in my Eldo. If u dont mind me asking what kind of exhaust(Just mufflers?) and Cai?

From the mani’s, 2.5inch with a xpipe, hi flow cats, and a basic magnaflow mufflers. Very low tone. Custom with my friends at the local f-body speed shop.

CAI, 4 inch exhaust pipe bent to fit just under the driver side front bumper. Then I took some sheet metal to form around the filter to divert the air into the filter, then covered the bottom with a screen to keep most of the big stuff out. After mock up, I coated everything with flat black paint. The stock air box is in place with the pipe runing through it so it appears stock. Which is also where the nitrious is injected to the intake.

I’ll try to take some pictures this weekend to PM you.

jim enough modding that damn caddy and get the TA going haha. how you been ?

This took place before the TA was brought to SC :wink:

thats pretty quick for a sts caddy. nice.