STS something? Vs e46 M3

Coming down the XXX from home someone flew up on me, I let it pass since it was the nice thing to do.

I see its a Caddy with Fender grills, and the what looked to be the V8 symbol on it too… so I let it pass I just assume its something with 400hp and would kill me.

we hit an on ramp onto XXX and and its kind of moving about 60… I know I can take that ramp easily over 80 so I creep up to it about 65-70 and I hear his auto matic down shift, and he guns it. by the time i realize he is taking off I’m in 4th gear going 70 I floor it until about 100 and shut down since I see traffic up ahead, he takes off.

We were dead nuts all the way from 70 to 100… unfortunately 100 in 4th gear is about 5800 rpm I still have another 2100 rpm to wind out…

Needless to say I would like to give it another go 40-120, 130 roll it.

Anyone on here? Black Caddy CTS? with fender grills I really don’t know much about them but they seemed stock.

EDIT: ITS AN STS I just found pics online
Additionally… The exhaust sounded pretty nice!

Wait… you lost to a car most grandparents drive, fo shame.

lol… thats what people say when i get a kill…

Except you’re probably only beating cars that most poor people drive.

STS Northstars have something like 325hp. Unless it was a -V which would have been 469, but I’m guessing it was just the regular 320hp car.

My uncle had one and that thing moved pretty good. He now has a DTS with the v8 and that thing is pretty damn awesome too. Nothing like having a quick car, with heated front and rear seats, night vision and a pearl white paint job from the factory! :slight_smile:

The STS with the V8 is the standard northstar, 320HP. Sounds like a good run for him as they’re quite heavy and have slushboxes.

sometimes… depends on what that is though… i dont go out trying to race everyone on the road, only people that want to play around and if i feel like it. i’ve taken my fair share of supercharged w-bodies. took a 350z a few weeks back as well (in PA). no one expects a saturn to be built and keep up with them haha, i just enjoy the looks on people faces.

How built is it?

:lol:

fully built motor… forged rods, hyper pistons, decked head .040’', oversized valves, P&P that doubled the size of the intake ports (took a lot out of this head lol), performance cams, shimmed… only things left before i boost it will be a full standalone, slightly bigger injectors, and the blower itself. no one ever expects a saturn…

i’ve heard all the crap for driving a saturn so im use to it. i love workin on my car and racing it when i can, so the wins i get are sweet. the loses i take are just another loss for saturn, not the first and not the last lol, its expected.

an sts-v would be a good match for the M3

they both run low 13s

an sts-v would be a good match for the M3

they both run low 13s

good attitude.

My guess would be that you raced a STS-V which are somewhat rare around here I’ve only seen 3 (Black, Blue and Silver) I doubt a regular STS would beat your M3 unless you suck at driving lol

If he was in fourth I could easily see an STS taking him.

A V logo is hard to miss on a black car

http://photos.liquidmotors.com/Processed/Leith_Chrysler_Dodge_Jeep/1G6DX67D080105631-8655202/1G6DX67D080105631_015_LG.jpg

vs

![http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!!fClOGQBWE~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmUE61BK(0LhBFJw~~_4.JPG](http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!!fClOGQBWE~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmUE61BK(0LhBFJw~~_4.JPG)

I drove my dad’s 08’ STS-4 with a performace package and it got out of it’s own way. My guess the 2WD ones are even quicker.

the sts are fwd correct?

RWD since this generation started. DTS is the only FWD cadillac left except the 2 wheel drive SRX

Yep it had the V badge.

yea unfortunately I really didn’t get a chance to wind out the motor. I cut out at just shy of 6K rpm

From race start at about 3700 to 6K I’m only at about 200- 250whp. I really miss out on the 25more whp for another 2K rpm to wind through.

Again it wasn’t really a race it was more like a get on it and go, and it was dead even. I would like to try another crack at it.