What car should I get? STS-V? Other options I haven't considered?

Anyone ever driven one? Impressions? BigRon?
http://images04.olx.com/ui/1/29/93/10012693_1.jpg
My lease is up in a month and I’m considering all options. Happened to notice that for a $77k sticker car, resale on these has really fallen off a cliff! I can pick up a clean '06 with <50k miles and a warranty for under $25,000. 470 HP supercharged Northstar, nice interior, looks like a potential win.

As much as I want a 2009+ CTS-V, I really figured they’d be $40,000 or so by now, not 48-50. I’d rather save my capital to pick up real estate, I like appreciating assets. This would be slower and doesn’t handle as well, but more luxurious and more space, and I’m coming from a damn SUV. Anything handles better than that.

Other options: Buy out my TBSS, Grand Cherokee SRT-8 (Pushing it on price) , G8 GT, G37, any that I haven’t thought of? I like E55’s but they’re all too old or too high on the miles.

Requirements:

• Quick, at least in a straight line. Must run at least 13’s.

-Nice/classy interior. My TBSS is at the bare minimum acceptable level.

-Auto. Hate all you want, for various reasons I have no interest in a manual DD. Manual shift mode preferred, but if it has 3 pedals, I don’t want it.

-Prefer under $25k with under 50,000 miles and <5 years old. Warranty preferred. 30k if it demonstrates extreme value. My buyout is $22,xxx so I would have to really like it to go that high.

-At least driveable in the snow. Obviously the SUV’s are going to be better in that regard but there are less and less days with actual snow on the roads.

-If not under warranty, doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to maintain. This knocks out high mile bimmers and benzes.

Prefer:
-Stock motor that will take a 100 shot with few to no changes required other than a tune. I have a wet kit chilling on my SS that I’d love to swap over to whatever I get.

-Comes in colors other than black and silver. I’d hate owning either of those colors, yet everything I look at is black or silver. Doesn’t completely kill it but is a turn-off.

-Towing and storage. I can always borrow my dad’s Denali for this but I kind of like having the capacity for Home Depot runs.

I’m not going to make my decision based on this but more ideas or feedback on the ones I already have would help get me started.

wow cant believe they are under 25 already. AWESOME cars. might have to keep an eye on ebay

Supercharged northstar (same engine in the XLR-V), only comes in auto, on the chucky side, from what I have read not a huge aftermarket available
I really liked my dad’s sts-4 performance package as a cruiser
6/100k certified warranty is great

My friend just traded his Jeep SRT8 in at Paddock. Talk to camarojoe on here and see what they can get you in that vehicle for. It is black with black powdercoated rims. Runs 8.39 in the 1/8th bone stock, which would be a 13.3-13.4ish. Interior is pretty sweet. It is loaded.

Not a fan of black on black but I’ll check it out

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs494.ash2/76778_451992674997_146191669997_5413465_4226342_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245353&id=146191669997&ref=mf

G8’s are pretty neat cars, but you if you could get yourself a demo camaro v6, that would be a fun car, the auto shift mode in them is pretty responsive, the chassis is set up ok and the car is solid. All recent GM cars have stabilitrack so rwd and snow shouldnt be a problem

^ A camaro v6 is nowhere near the amount of car for money the Cadillac is. not to mention, a few seconds off the 13 sec 1/4.

new v6 camaros are around 25k, a demo would be even cheaper. I didnt see the 13sec 1/4. lol

i vote v6 mustang. yellow.

Maybe one of those 4-banger mustangs from the 80’s as a winter whip to go with it. Also yellow.

V6 camaro pretty much fails every one of my requirements lol, except for being available in lots of colors.

I vote Chrysler Town and Country until you get rid of your 3 pedal ban.

Before I bought my house I was looking at the same types of cars you are. It came down to an STS-V, and the Chrysler 300C SRT-8. They were about the same price. I liked the STS-V’s exterior looks and the extra power it has. I liked the Chrysler’s interior better, specifically the gauge cluster and nav/radio panel.

I thought about the 300C, cool car but it just has too much rapper factor. I don’t need Amherst PD profiling and pulling me over at 3am on my way home from the bar, assuming I’m ridin dirty. If anything I’d go for the Charger SRT8.

I like the SRT-8 Jeeps a ton. They do have really high resale though.

I like the TBSS a ton for a daily as well, it is always going to have the room you need which I am always wishing I had. Although do you feel you utilize having an SUV? If not then that sts looks really nice. Although I honestly know nothing about that motor.

All good choices.

What about an FX45? They’re awesome cars

I liked the Daytona Charger Daytona R/T I test drove. Not really classy, just fun though. Many colors too.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0PfHsTOipGy2axc9JpYPQbGU_NP3WFQKjcYlGJK3lE2VVfRTO

Get ze volkswagen toureg, nien?

I’d say if you don’t need the “utility” of an SUV to go with the Cadillac. I feel like the Jeep you may as well just buy out your SS instead, same thing essentially.

Thanks guys, couple more selections to check out and add to my list. It’s so random, lol. Keep up the good work.

As for using the SUV functionality, I’d say I haul a bunch of shit that wouldn’t fit in a car about once a month on average. Also about once a month I drive it in legit snow or off-road at my cabin where a car wouldn’t go. Kind of at the point where it could go either way. If I keep my truck, or get something that can tow, I will probably get jet skis in the spring.

On one hand, I’d hate to let my truck go and regret it since it’s never been in for service for anything. Made one stop at the dealer because a fog light bulb burned out. On the other, dropping $25k after taxes to stay in the same vehicle I’ve been driving for $300 a month for 3 years just seems weird.

Cayenne