99-00 Civic EX budget upgrades question(s)?

Up here once again talking gettin a Civic again but now its official. I will be gettin a 99-00 Civic 2dr EX auto to replace my 06 Cobalt SS 2.4L auto (Cobalt is a lease and plus I can NOT afford a $350/m payment and $220/m ins payment due to recent job and da lease is up in March and I can turn it in early). Anyway Im tryin to find affordable, but NOT CHEAP, name brand items for the Civic. My 95 Accord 5spd isnt hanging in there for me cuz the heater core just went. So it at my buddy’s job still awaiting to get fixed and I have plans for it anyway I am NOT gonna be driving much or even at all til da mid or end of summer. It still needs alotta work done to it but that another story. I wanna take this Civic to the track with my buds like i did with my cobalt and have fun. I wanna know what the best, affordable, name brand stuff i can buy. Such as intake, and exhaust? Im trying to begin were I left off with my old 93 civic EX 5spd. I had AEM short ram intake and catback exhaust (sounded like a fartcan but it had OBX cheap crap on it). I am NOT tryin to relive that crap again. I want sumthing that gives it a nice tuned sound NOT buzzing bees. I want a CAI not short ram this time around but who is the best to get besides AEM? Is Injen good and are they worth the price? I am NOT lowering the car like i did my old civic so suspension is not important. Im just tryin to get enough, if not a lil more, that equals what my cobalt had (171hp/163tq) to get me thru the day. Crower makes a cam that can be used with stock head parts but is it worth it? C’mon Honda guys i need sum help on this one.

umm your getting an automatic, maybe just leave it stock. i honsetly would not waste money on an intake, just buy a drop in filter. and I have yet to hear an exhaust on a single cam that didn’t sound like buzzing bees.

Yep an AUTO cuz my 95 Accord is a 5spd and will be getting alotta work done to it over the months. I heard a few fartcans around pgh but there r also good sounding ones out there. I was thinking maybe Skunk2, Greddy, or Apexi…u know sumthing like that.

Well, among those exhaust systems you listed, the Greddy SP2 is the closest you’ll come to something that isn’t obnoxious. The Sk2, Apexi are straight through mufflers and are loud. Not only that, but on an untuned stock automatic…you’ll actually lose power. Waste of money, IMO. Blowing loot on a cam isn’t going to help either, you have to build a package to support them…not to mention the fact that an automatic will shift well before the cams make power. Lego building gets you nowhere, learn this early.

just leave it stock and fix your accord

a cold air intake is a cold air intake is a cold air intake. make it a manual and swap in an ls motor. they’re insanely cheap and it’ll probably be as fast or faster than the slobalt. building a naturally aspirated d series is the hardest and most expensive 25hp in the world. if you’re not going to make it a 5spd and you’re not going to turbocharge it and you’re not going to swap in a b series, don’t do anything.

True a cam would be a waste of money, but im getting a intake and exhaust reguardless. I had a inake and exhaust on my cobalt ss 2.4l auto (both items made by GM). Stock at PRP ran 16.2 1/4 mile and then with the minor mods 15.9 1/4 mile. My Accord is getting a h22 swap during upcoming months so thats y i asked what upgrades can i do to this auto civic ex to still have a lil fun while my accord is being built?

3 tenths is all you picked up? You do realize that .3 is WELL WITHIN normal variance for the driver alone, let alone temp, atmospheric pressure, fuel quality, etc…right? What that means is, your 15.9 was obtainable without mods. Leave the Civic alone and build your Accord, properly that is.

The best thing you can do is let your car warm up in a garage with the garage doors closed. You will get extra HP ~ I promise.

Yeah i might just leave the civic da way it is. Already go 16in wheels left over from my old civic. I’ll just slap em on and call it a day. My accord on the other hand NEEDS WORK. Does ANYONE know where I can get a heater core (besides junkyard) thats affordable? Need ASAP! Tired of drivin my Cobalt around and miles r piling up. (For those that dont know, my cobalt is a lease and term is up this march). thanks

Put a bottle on it, 55 hp kit will make it entertaining and the tranny will take it for a while

This thread is so full of fail I don’t know where to begin. An auto civic is a great car… to leave dead stock and get you to and from school so you can get an education and a job that will allow you the luxury of a car worth modifying. True story.

-TJ

Man, seriously? If you’re planning on having a car with a little bit of pep, I’d highly suggest getting something with at least a Twin Cam motor. If you’re looking at 99-00 civics, then a 94+ integra should be in your price range. You could even look on the honda-tech forum classifieds and maybe find a B series swapped civic in the price range you’re looking for. DO NOT waste money modding a SOHC auto civic.

Thanks all for the advice, help and Ideas.