How much HP will an exhaust add?

Achou asked me how much HP an exhaust would add on his 3.4L Camaro. I told him no more than 10hp but he doesn’t believe me and wanted me to make a thread. Said one of his friends put an exhaust on his V6 mustang, dyno’d it and it make 20hp more with an exhaust

its possivble but prolly woulnt notice a difference anyways

not a thing . the motor is a weeez nutless . but semi reliable leave it alone and drive it

Are we talking just a cat-back or a full exhaust?

you might acutally lose hp, to make more power you need to increase fuel and increase air flow to the engine as well.

headers and a full exhaust.

save the money man . trust me i had one of those turds . thats why i transplanted a lt1

I suggested he spend another grand and pickup an LT1 car

User “MX-5”,

An aftermarket exhaust on a 3.4L GM (Chevrolet Division) Camaro would roughly add about three-fiddy (horsepower, measured at the vehicles drive wheels).

Good day,
TT

With a tune I bet its possible, I think 10-15 is probably more realistic though.

the exh isnt the bottle kneck its in the intake plenums themslelves . they are small as hell and no aftermarket support for them at all man . he should of at least looked for a 3.8 lt car . the 3.4 is the bastard child of the camaro motors thats why they stopped puttin em in

Its a big 2.8. Completely hopeless for making any kind of power.

I had a 2.8, total garbage motor.

Okay, well what do you refer to as an “exhaust?” Ask 10 different people and you’ll get 10 different responses.

Header/Catpipe/Midpipe? Probably good for ~20whp, maybe more, maybe less.

Just a catback replacement? 5-10whp, maybe more, maybe less.

Tuning is key for unleashing HP/TQ when it comes to modifying anything that’s connected/related to the engine.

If you were to ask me, I wouldn’t touch a THING on that car’s exhaust system. It’s just not worth it. It’s such a dog and always will be a dog as long as that boat anchor of a shitty engine is in there. Our '94 firebird we used to have had 64k on that 3.4, and the headgasket went. lol

I had two. The power of a 4 cylinder with the gas mileage of a v8.
They would take a beating though. Both had over 150k.

an exhaust is good for at least 30 wheel!!! do an intake too for a solid 50whp gain!!!

it wont add more then 2hp on a 3.4

I had a 95 3.4 Camaro and my D16 civic would beat it.

oooo really???

dont lie easy 30 wheel!

they dont even tune those cars…