WTF does my car have VTEC?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/1quickmx6/DSC02303.jpg

theres a 20hp jump @ 5 k … ppl have said it maybe a bad knock sensor , but ive tested the voltage and its within spec.

can anyone explain this ?

u sure it was your coupe!? lol good job

i think it may be a rust issue?

wow, that’s some really good numbers Dan!

makes me wanna go on the dyno too, how many km’s on your engine bro?

oh ya…plus mods :wink: haha

220ish kms on it

Is that 23 hp from advancing the timing?? Jesusss. I just got mine dyno’d last week too. Mods on yours?

what did you put down ?

just header , 3" testpipe 3-3.5" exhaust , intake . butterfly / egr delete

I put down 119hp/141tq on a dynodynamics. But it has a function to compensate for the difference compared to a dynojet. With that in place I was around 134hp.

261,xxxkm, header, highflowcat, 2.5 catback and intake. Stock timing.

are u down for 1/4 @ cayuga?

it should be a real close race

badass backfire! haha:cool:

By the time spring/summer hits I hopefully wont be in the same chassis, but a similar ka with fewer km. Should still be super close.
I’d be down for a few runs, sure.

YES! You do have VTEC! I noticed a similar thing with the 91 Stanza that my family used to own! At around 2800 - 3000 RPM it was pulling, but then a shot of power just came out of nowhere!

The only difference between YOUR vtec versus Honda’s vtec is that when YOURS kicks in, you actually have torque and hp. When Honda’s kicks in, its like waiting for turbo lag to disappear… Except the car just gets noisier and nothing happens :slight_smile:

yo was that a 5th gear pull lol that was mad long.great numbers bro now thats a great motor to boost… comeon dan lets do it proper this time.
look how much fun those guys are having with their ka-t`s in the states + u no how crazy mine was til i sold it.

^^^

I noticed that too… I looked at the video time and thought, is that really how long it takes for our KA’s to go from ~1,500 to redline? Because damn, our cars are slow lol

My Ka in my DD does the same thing. It pulls so hard in 3rd and 4th around 5gs. I think its the cams and the timing. Mine is 12 degrees advanced always on sunoco 94. Never dyno’d it but it picks up hard. I also have a 3 angle valve job and some flow improvements around the valve stem. The ports are all blue printed.

Peter, if you don’t mind me asking, where’d you get the cylinder head job done? How much did it set you back, roughly.

I’m planning to have some head work done on a SOHC KA that I’ll be building.

so advancing the timing can help with power & fuel saving right?

stock BTDC for a KAE = 15
stock BTDC for a KADE = 20

this i know, but how much is safe for an engine on 87 octane - 91 max without knock I don’t know lol.

Congrats! You found the hidden VTEC! :stuck_out_tongue:

when ur ready to get ur head ported let me know its $500 4 any 4 banger i can get u pics,i wouldnt take it to no 1 else but this guy.he is a perfectionist,he did my 2jz head thats how much i trust his work… he`s based in pickering

im glad my header made power for you lol