KA-T dyno

Ok got one of the Ka24de-T’s we did to the dyno.

Mods:

Draggone Performance stage#2 build
9.5.1 pistons ( stock rods)
12psi
JWT ecu with SAFC
550cc injectors (side feed)
255 fuel pump
ARP head bolt
ARP rod bolts
Metal head gasket
Stock rods
T3 turbo 57 trim 48 exhust
Bkr7 with stock wires
3’’ exhust from the turbo to the cat and 2’’ from the cat to the muffler
94 pump gas

Video: Sorry my camera loss power.

We turn the boost up to 20psi but we were getting alot of ignition break up due to the stock wires.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/draggone_2008/th_Picture402.jpg

KADE or KAE?

^^Ka24de. I have not done one as yet.

Lookin good. You could probably open it up a little more by going 3" all the way to muffler.

W00t kat ftw. Nice powerband. Get some turbo oriented cams.

How much did this setup run the owner? Makes some decent power… about as much as a 13psi SR’s T25 with a worse power band…

Good job!

:wink:

lol

chiiirrrps

More videos a must

LOLx2
good stuff tho

240’s are scared of boost. Thats why they go 2J.

Gotta see some more KA-E turbo support!!

bahaha -Dusty for the overhand smash

Yeah I know eh… He’s on fire!!:wink:

why stop being cheap and go sr

That’s kind of low for a KA-T w/ a T3, I’m guessing a T28?

Damn, so much hateraid. Maybe the owner is slowly building the car as a whole, instead of just focusing on the engine. Besides, its not that hard to make power, its just making reliable power thats key.

+1 for the build though, its nice to see realistic numbers from avg. people. Besides that, SR’s are ghey. (zips up flame suit:cool:)

The setup cost the customer about $2500 the only thing the engine is missing is rods, he had the car for 3yrs now. The car had alot of problems when he brought it to me 2weeks ago, and he was low on funds,
yes I agree the hp is alittle low. You need to run more than 12 psi on a T3 to get power, it is not like a T25 or T28 turbo, but a 3’’ exhust will let it flow better.

Also stay away from ebay wastegate!!! when we tried to turn the boost up to 20psi it keep spiking and then droping back to 15 psi.the car made over 300whp @15psi but had alot of ignition break.

What ever 800whp dyno queen!!! My Ka-t coming out hard next year, so fix your diff. LOL

I felt let down; I expected a dyno pull in the video but it just shows the car idling.