99-00 civic front end on 96-98 civic

i know of all the parts needed and what is required to do, but my question is what is the big difference in apperance? the reason im asking is because the hatch i’m possibly getting needs a bumper,fender and possibly a hood. and just didnt know if it would be worth it to do the conversion or not. thanks for any help

other than the obvious front bumper, the headlights are slightly smaller and have a less bulky appearance and aren’t as prone to water leaks and becoming hazy. i believe the grill is also smaller. it’s all in what you like though, some prefer the 96-98 front end over the 99-00.

The grille is larger and leaned back on the 99. The corners are different on the 99. The 96-98 has a reflector strip on the bottom. The lower grille on the bumper is also different. 99-00 has foglight holes on the sides where the 96-98 has the foglight brackets in the grille.

werd, 96-98 FTW

fenders, hood, headlights, grill, and front bumper. thats what all you will need to complete the conversion. You may also need to do some slight tweeking to the radiator support for everything to line up perfectly