Converting 96-98 Civic Front End to 99-00 Question

I should be getting a 97 Civic EX 2dr in a few weeks. 1st of all, Has this been done before? has anyone done it locally? Whats all you gotta do to convert it? I know you gotta buy the 99-00 Hood, both fenders, front bumper, grill and headlights. What I wanna know is there any modification involved (such as cut and/or drilling)? Or will everything bolt right up? Imma noob ppl just tryna learn sum things. Im not a mechanic, just the driver. Hahha Thanks.

No cutting or drilling. It’ll all bolt up. Just get all of the pieces.

well everything will bolt up hood, fenders headlights but you have to cut the bumper or the core support…you need to cut it where to 2 clips that hold the bumper on beside the grill

I stand corrected then. haha

thanks all. I just was addin up the price on parts and getting everything painted it cost way too much. Plus the more I read into it I heard that its not a very good conversion. Ppl was complaining bout their doors getting messed up. If I do get this car, I’’ just add a lip on it and call it a day.

96-98 front ends can look good. I’m biased, though.

i bought a 96 with the 00 front end on it, personally i think its a waste of money. They are both ugly so why spend money to make ugly ugly

99-00 ek looks better then the 96-98…but there is minor modding needed other then bolt on parts and line everything up. ive done it 4-6 different times now

otherwise keep your 96-98 front , ctr your headlights and get a lip for it and it looks amazing too

96-98 front end w/ SiR bumpers, raybrigs, ctr lamps, and an SiR lip. Oh wait. That’s my front.

There weren’t too many lips that I liked for the 96-98 front. I like the Si lip on the 99-00 front.

you got it man!!

i like the 96-98 better especially with the stuff you listed

I kept mine 96-98 because everyone was doing the 99-00. I was sick of seeing them. Plus it’s a 98…putting a 99 front on was dumb imo. I would have bought a 99 instead.

My 98 w/ 96-98 front.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/munster_ek/Betty%2007/l_53dd1c5ddc729ae35f3ddef33d183719.jpg

My two favorite front ends:
Chargespeed lip on Jason Phan’s 99:

Midori hatch w/ Backyard Special bumper:

in the way of non oem bumpers backyard special is by far the best