99 accord clutch install

My brothers 99 acoord might possible need a new clutch. Ive looked on ebay and a few other places to get prices on a clutch kit (probably do flywheel while im there)

Where would/do you guys go for an OEM clutch etc.

Also, I cant remember who helped me install my clutch and flywheel on my old 95 GSR but if your on here and reading this…mind helping again?

I havent been able to find a good DIY on it yet. Any one have one or even a PDF of it?
Hondahookup.com doesnt have it.

Thanks

if a 97 is the same style as the 99 here u go http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/130_0612_honda_accord_clutch_installation/index.html

slightly different. Either the stock honda clutch or an exedy daikin clutch are pretty good (exedy makes clutches for hondas) and replace the throwout bearing. You should be able to re use the flywheel as long as its not really thrashed/grooved (ie, the clutch isnt ground down to the rivets)

ok cool
ye i think the yrs were 98-00
i still have to test drive his accord to see how it feels but he says when he gives it gas in a gear the rpms rise…then fall and the car almost stalls then jumps up again. Ill find out soon.

I remember replacing the flywheel to an 8lb…wasnt that bad
but you think it would be a waste replacing it if it inst messed up.

Hard thing is theres no way to know until you see it. By that time you get a new one ordered another week would go by

Russ, I was the one who helped ya with your gsr! Seriously talk to Paul at swerve, exedy (daikin) for sure. They do make the stock honda ones as well as almost every import clutch. He gets oem replacements fast and cheap. As for helping ya, I’m super booked up with a ton of shit as always.

Hey whats up man^
Thanks again for helping me. Yea I hear ya its hard to find time for anything anymore.

OK, ill check him out