99 Cherokee help

Ok I have a 99 Cherokee and a 2inch lift. Its the cheapo lift that is basically coil spring spacers (think hockey pucks) and shackles in the back. I think the shackles where installed wrong, because the factory shackles are still there, maybe i’m wrong here. Then another note, the one shock bolt is snapped off. How can I fix this? Do I need to drill it out and use a nut and bolt?..how easy is it to compress the front springs and put them hockey put thingers in? Thanks fellas

get rid of that shitty lift, I have a 3.5" rubicon lift kit sitting in the garage, 2 years old. Leaf springs need new bushings but all good.
-Brand New 3/4"+ lift shackles (rubicon boomerang style)
-Extended brake line for the rear
-3.5" coils
-Front Lower Fixed control arms
-Front Upper Adjustable control arm
-3.5" Leaf Springs

$350ish, let me know!

^^^ HOLY GOOD GEAL

Definitely a good deal. I’ll be selling a Skyjacker 3" lift when I put on my Rubicon 4.5", if you’re interested.

Dude buy it!!! if you don’t I will those kits go for over 600 bucks! If you won’t , how much for the uca/lca & coils?

guys i’m a pussy and don’t want to go that big… i don’t think…i didn’t want to get into it that much

death wobble read about it on Jeep forums… get a good lift (engineered correctly)

More info on “death wobble”

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/techarticles/deathwobble.html

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/dw.html

[quote=“J&J,post:7,topic:35594"”]

death wobble read about it on Jeep forums… get a good lift (engineered correctly)

[/quote]

as far as I have read, the rubicon lifts are the best, but yes, get rid of that crap fake lift, get this lift and 31s… be done and be awesome

Well see I really don’t want to get that involved in my winter car. I’m thinking that when the 2inch lift is in I’ll buy a set of 30x9.5’s and be done with it. It doesn’t have bad wabble only once in a blue moon does it happen and its not bad. I am really more interested in a way to remove and replace the shock mount on the rear end. I think i’m going to grind it off as best as possible then drill it and just use a straight bolt to attach the shock? Any pointers?

yeah thats exactly what we did, twice. make sure you undercoat the shit out of it when your done, after two years in b-lo salt those brand new bolts were shot and broke.

I got 1 out of 4 rear shock bolts out. I drilled the other 3 out and re-taped them (original size) my truck was only suppost to be a winter car , but now im stuck on jeeps to the point I wanna sell my rx8 and get a new rubicon. since you have a 99 you suffer from rear end vibes when you go larger than bout 3" If you do a 3.5" lift and drop the t case down 1" you should be ok, its a hit or miss sorta thing…

off topic but, I just picked up a 99 Cherokee Laredo has a little knock, think it might be a lifter or something, who has a 4.0L I6 lying around?

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:13,topic:35594"”]

off topic but, I just picked up a 99 Cherokee Laredo has a little knock, think it might be a lifter or something, who has a 4.0L I6 lying around?

[/quote]

Brent_strong has one low miles too if i remember correctly, PM him.

[quote=“bpipe95,post:14,topic:35594"”]

Brent_strong has one low miles too if i remember correctly, PM him.

[/quote]

Really, I will do so.

I really like the jeeps, especially the Cherokees for some reason. Before this one I had a 94’ 2 door 2wd, yes 2wd, sold it with 55K, very nice. The rear end gets a very very little vib once in a while. Hopefully this weekend I’ll fix the shock mounts, why in the hell would they weld the one end to the rear is my only beef with jeep so far, and maybe the front steering set up. Otherwise I love um. A few other things I want/need to do it putting on a new muffler, which i think i may go with a side exit before the rear tires, new front fog lights, new rear wiper motor, and there is some rust start on the roof…yah I don’t know why but the roof is starting to rust, so i think i’ll sand it down and bed line the entire roof…possibly the entire truck someday muhahahah :slight_smile:

Ya, I’ve got EVERYTHING Jeep. I PMed ya back.

anyone wanna do the tie rods for me? lol