a fore-warning: bust in north carolina

wow that fucking sucks!!

i was thining the same thing…

no wai would this ever happen. i would see not alloing it to be registered but it cant be sold… it has a lein on it.

someone prove me wrong.

I know of some of those people from the carolinarides forums

How can they even action off a car that has a bank lean on it? I’m sure the banks lawyers won’t let that happen. Plus it’s not like they will give the lean release away.

x…

the lein holder usualy gets first dibs on the auction profits

but law enforcement has every right to legaly sell a vehical that has a lein on it, and the lein is void as soon as they sell it

govenments auction vehicals that have leins … govenments make lein laws … i think they have the ability to void a lein, govenment is always happy to write laws that increase their yearly profits

im calling my friend tim right now hes a cop in NC ill see whats up

i would burn my car before i let it be auctioned off to someone elses profit…

:repost: :stuck_out_tongue:

so where is the auction going to be?

I’m sure video surveillance was made, ID’s jotted and tags recorded of cars in the act of street racing over their sting, and will present it accordingly. I’d want real solid proof that the defendant was there racing and not spectating before I convicted a 21 year old of driving fast. :tdown:

how much for the mustang with the RACING ENGINE!!

Dude a lein is a certifyed document or contract between the bank and the lein holder by just voiding the document that means that the lein holder doesnt have to pay the bank back. And being a bank that might piss me off just a little bit. Also voidding a legal contract can olny be done if both parties agree IN COURT. There is no possible way to sell the car even if it had stolen parts on it. parts are removable and then they would keep them as evedence. This whole thing seems way out of proportion, arresting yea i get that , impounding sure there doing something illegal with there car but there is no fucking way they can legally sell them. Lawyer across the country would have a hay day.

lol roll racing makes it to the news

That is like 2 minutes up the road from my house… lol

+1

do i smell a NYSpeed road trip down to this auction in the making? lol…

In NY State You CAN transfer a title with a lienholder.

I’ve done it (once), seen it (thrice), and heard of it (a few times).

Matter of fact, I have a 1993 in the back yard that has a Lien filed in 1993. The title’s been transferred at least twice.

matter of fact:

http://www.nysdmv.com/forms/mv909.pdf --page 10–

TRANSFERRING OF TITLE CONTAINING LIEN

The Vehicle and Traffic Law does not prohibit the owner from the selling the vehicle, boat or manufactured home, even if there is an unsatisfied lien against it…

In that situation, the seller (person who signed the loan contract) is still responsible to repay the loan. The lienholder still has a recourse againt that person, or they can repo the vehicle, boat or home.

my new sig lol

Lein’s can be transfered, my old Subaru actually had a lien on it from the previous owner that wasn’t taken care of. It was on my title and I did need to get a lien release from the prior credit union before I could trade my car in.

LOL…my buddy Tim is a recruit in the Charlotte Police Force…he was back in town this weekend and telling me about this…all the cars pictured are being stored at a police building right next to the one he works at.

i’ve also bought a car with a lein on it, and then sold it later on while the lein was still on it…