A good car in the 20k range?

You’re supposed to say, FTW!! Idiot.

When you get a new job, the first thing is to go out and get something nice. Well, just remember that a new car isn’t the best first investment. Anything that loses >50% of it’s value in the first 5 years is a huge “disinvestment.” I would take the advice from zer0daze and get something cheaper, until you can “afford” a $20,000 car. I mean, are you putting anything down on this car or are you going to have a $400+ payment each month? If you think you’re going to be happy with shelling out that much dough each month, month after month after month, you’re going to quickly realize you can do a lot more with that cash. My suggestion: find a “more affordable” car for a few years and bank the money you would have put into payments for a new car (ie. get a car with a $150 payment per month and save the extra $250 for a down payment on a better car).

This past October, I bought a 2002 Neon SE 26K miles (full power, loaded - 5spd) for $5000 after negotiating with the guy. These cars were about $14,000 new from the dealership not 4 years ago. Plus this car is going to run like a new car for a while. I financed it for 48 months because I didn’t want to shell out the $5K of my own money, but I can afford the $121 I pay per month, plus a lot more stuff for the Talon.

This is at least what I would do, hope this helps you a little bit on your decision.

buy my mustang (2001 GT)… I have a (I believe) 4 year or 30K mile warrenty left on it :smiley: (certified ford preowned vehicle). Covers engine/rearend/trans (the whole drivetrain pretty much) :slight_smile: :smiley: it’ll be alot cheeper than 20K too lol

I don’t know if any new AWD cars are available for 20k but no front wheel drive is worth 20k.
I would not pay more than $2000 for any front wheel drive car as a daily driver in WNY.

Buying new is like burning money.
If you can afford to burn money then by all means go ahead.:slight_smile:

That is just my opinion.(hope it helps)

Word. Outback Wagons are fucking cool. I would take a wagon over a sedan.

yes they can be had for somewhere around 17-18ish

Get a Mazda 3. Fully loaded with leather, navi and all that good stuff for 20k OTD.

Hyundai Sonata although the loaded up v6 models are a little over $20k. Its supposed to be a better car than a Camry or Accord.

youre NOT going to be happy with a $20,000 car…

buy a 95 civic… and a motorcycle… youll get your reliable, and your fun, and it will still cost under $10k

ray laks had a few more used rsx’s when i grabbed mine. all of them from 15-19k ($). the certified used deal is supposed to be pretty solid.

???

Get a Caravan.

x…

.els?

:rofl: Perrywinkle Blue…

i was gonna say the EXACT same thing. buy something as a second owner, the price will be almost 2/3 to a half the cost new with 30k on the dial and you can get a VERY nice ride for $20k in that area. maybe a nice saab? AWD turbo ones 2004 5spds are going for about 18k on ebay from dealers and such. check it out. maybe an audi or something. stay away from brand new at your age, you will hate yourself later. also, if you got 20k, sureshot’s evo is stupid NOT to buy, for the power and all the bells and whistles along with the babied-ness of it makes it a perfect buy, not to mention there are alot of people on here to vouch for the condition/care taken with the car and you will never find that at a dealer…dealers are liars.

\cliff notes: sureshot’s EVO ftw :tup:

Read some of the reviews its been getting. +

It’s a copy cat Accord. Honda have to modified the rear end so it doesnt look like the copy cat sonata. If the price difference between an accord and a sonata isnt too big i would stick with an accord. If the price gap is big i might consider a sonata.

No contest.

Civic Si.

buy slightly new and save…example…2002 corvette z06 60k sticker maybe more with tax…bought it 2 years later with 2400 miles on it for 35k…thats a savings of 25k plus i had a down payment…find a used “whatever car” at a dealership that doesnt sell the brand new and hagle. also shop closer the the very end of the month, like last couple days. why? becasue the sales manager has to move cars out to get his bonuses ect ect…just my opinion

Do those things still break if you look at them sideways? :bloated: