A lil' bragging

+1 on above… Another good reason to have a credit card is for cash back stuff.

I have a Discover card that returns a minimum of 1% and up to 5% cash back depending on type of purchase.

The cash back points can be converted into cash or used to buy online stuff like for Xmas / birthday gifts and stuff. So it’s like getting money back.

I set all the monthly expenses (internet, YMCA, insurance, etc) to use this card and also buy gas with it, then just pay the card off every month.

The important thing is to keep an eye on the statement and don’t buy unnecessary stuff to just get “points” and cash back.

I’m with you man, for the first time in basically 10 years I’m debt free, other than a small car payment.

[quote=Boost Creep;654507]^

Only thing I’ve done to my house is paint, and remove the oil tank and convert to natural gas. I did put tile down as well in the kitchen.
quote]

The last name got you a discount on the oil tank removal, lol

Try moving out of NY, im doing well with it. I still have my house in upstate ny too!.

^ Yea, and we still recommend that company!!

Buy all the real estate you can. period.

congrats

Do not ever close your longest line of credit, ever. Just pay it off and don’t use it if it’s too high of interest.

O i agree with that…but I kept mine open just don’t use them.

hint… don’t charge more than 50% of the credit cards max limit… earns ya more points/

Isn’t there some ratio that lenders look at thats like…credit limit to actual credit used ration? So if you have a 10000 limit but you only have a balance of 1000

damn, I wish I could say the same

Yes…and it also pertains per account… easy… dont ever charge /owe more than 50% you max line and theres points to be had there.
My avg score is 817 and I have temporary debt all over due to flipping…but I spread wisely.