A Little Bird Told Me..

EVDO in Buffalo on the 5th of July…

:ohnoes: :eekdance: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

No GSM no care

That’s the deciding factor for me when my Nextel contract is up in August… Verizon, here I come :smiley:

LOL @ 300k :lol:

Not with HSDPA…faster than EVDO

ummm no

Hm…EVDO maximum speed, 2.4 Mbps
HSDPA maximum speed, 14.4 Mbps

Not that you’ll see any of them unless you live in a cell site, but testing on cingular’s limited 3G so far is about 3x faster than EVDO avg.

I have not looked at the specs but even if it does produce faster throughput, it’s not available in this area anytime soon… GL with that…

It’s not, supposedly by the end of 06 though hopefully.
Even if not, verizon and sprint are def faster right now but not enough faster than 300k to make me switch and lose the best plan ever. ill avoid a flame war and say enjoy.

Cingular has great plans, I was with them for 5 years but I could not pass up EVDO. It’s gonna make my job easier by being able to manage my servers from my handset.

I’d care if… my data’s faster… I have never once surfed the webzor on my phone… I use it to make fone calls, send text msgs… and listen to iTunes (Slvr). Why surf the web on my tiny screen. when I have a 15" Laptop w/ me almost always.

yay!

i was on elmwood with my verizon card. and ummm ya… i cant wait until shit gets faster around here

fixed

My phone has been bouncing back and forth to EVDO mode to 1X mode so I think this is going to happen. Fucking sweet!!

yeah I’ve been picking up EVDO every now and again w/ the 7130

yea couple other people have said they have been picking up evdo… i haven’t seen it popup on mine yet tho

:wink:

Confirm it, Jeff!!!

the only thing i can confirm is that it is not just flikering on and off now, its staying on for good chunks of time.

but you already knew that. i might know more but my account manager moved to tenesee(sp) and we have yet to get a replacement. so basically im in the same boat as you guys.