A new throne for the king of all nerds...

Oh ok

I do enjoy photo mode though.

Offer to try it with the projector still stands. :wink:

holy shit that is nerdy, but not king nerdy… because of auto-x car.

Nice seat, but where is the clutch pedal?

when i seen you made the post and i seen the first pic i knew thats what it was…shits hott man

WOW

wtf there’s only 2 pedels…

No three pedal support in GT4. Aftermarket add-on pedals exist, but only a couple of other games support them. Oh, and those add-on pedals are $1000. Maybe down the road, but I think improving the shifter location (and using a real shifter) and adding a functional e-brake handle will come first. Oh, and a real steering wheel, too. This seems to work pretty well for now, though, or, at least from what I can tell from the 5 minutes I’ve actually had to be able to try it out… Much more “testing” will happen on Friday and Saturday nights… :wink:

u need a woman …

i kid i kid…

no i dont…

jk…

lol

New upgrade…

Clutch pedal: Check. (but not supported in GT4)
Six Speed H-gated shifter: check. (also not supported in GT4… but switchable to sequential)
E-brake: Ummm… Missing. I’m planning to add one.

http://users.adelphia.net/~neurokinetik/G25_1.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~neurokinetik/G25_2.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~neurokinetik/G25_3.jpg

Driving position is not optimal right now, the cockpit was designed for the Driving Force Pro, and the pedal set from the G25 is much deeper, so the pedals are too close for me. It’s fine if I move the seat back, but I like to be closer to the wheel. The plan is to revise the pedal mounting plate and the wheel mounting plate so that I can get everything right where I want it.

Feel of the new setup is MUCH nicer than the old, it seems much more precise and solid. The wheel is also very quiet in comparison to the Driving Force Pro. The location of the buttons is taking alot of getting used to at the moment, as I had grown used to them all being right at my thumbs, and now they are above the shifter.

awesome update…

why not mount the shifter down beside the seat? i realize it would be custom but i think that would rock…

gt4 anyone?

haha.

That’s a pretty cool setup. I should do something like this for when Forza 2 comes out for 360. :smiley:

It will be lower, not down beside the seat, though. I’d like to replicate the position of the controls in the Miata, because for me they are just about perfect.

Honestly, though, if the paddles are there I prefer to use them over anything else because then I never have to take my right hand off the wheel. I wuold have gotten this setup regardless if it had the clutch pedal and gated shifter. The upgraded wheel and pedals alone were worth it.

Can i come over and play :(.
I envy that set-up.

(btw what did you do with the old wheel??)

Old wheel appearing soon on a classified near you… :wink:

Very nice

:tup: Testing this weekend for sure :slight_smile:

I’ll be there! :smiley:

And I’ll bring the 360 to test compatability too.

Impressive setup Bret, I’d love to try it out sometime if you don’t mind.

fucking sweet…

i’ll have to find the link from the dupont registry site, but in a magazine of theirs a few months back they had something similar, but you were set a foot or so off the ground, and all around you angled up at you were speakers, and i think it came with a flat screen too…but maybe not…maybe it was just the seat, steering wheel, and sound system…either way, it looked like a gamers dream…