A vid of the RS over winter

The video came out pretty shitty so don’t expect too much.

The driving and road I found were fantastic if I can say so myself. the right/left transition on the 2nd to last and last turn was flawless.

Unfortunately since you can barely see the road with the video you can’t tell the direction that the car is moving very well nor the direction the car is pointing. :frowning:

is it that bad? lol, I wasn’t sure if I should post it. :lol

nice lol

Unfortunately without a good shot of the road, the video leaves a lot of questions.

yep. True.

I’m thinking of getting a suction cup mount to put the camera in the windshield… maybe something like that would help

What kind of camera are you using?

Consider lipstick cams, or the typical suggestion with the GoPro camera it does what it promises.

Lipstick cameras will need a recording decide to be fed into, but the lightness of just the camera and the smaller size will open up the mounting possibilities.

this was literally just a digital point and shoot on video mode stuffed between the headrest and the seat… and it shows. lol

Yes, yes it does.

If you’re only going to be doing future in car/on car video’s, I’d seriously look into the market for stand alone cameras that do just that, as the GoPro mentioned.

If you’re planing on doing any other types of video, or shooting anything else at all, any entry level Camcorder with a miniDV type will do wonders. Prices are rock bottom right now, and you can get a very high quality camcorder for just a few hundred bucks (cost of the GoPro) plus you’ll need a mount however.

If you’re going to just be doing other occasional footage, I’d like into a new mount for the point and shoot like you mentioned.

really the camera isn’t the problem. Its small and light and takes real high quality videos for what it is. I used it to take these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHmDQ5aDNI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jrjcd-DNFc

The problem was just the mount. Especially for the type of driving I was doing. There was no perspective since it didn’t get the road in there, only the gaurdrails.

Those look great!

Well the answer is obvious then, mount up! :number1