About time ATI!

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_hd4850/7.htm

And that’s only the HD4850. for 200$ and it can do that, i can’t wait to see the 4870 or even the 4870x2 in action!

For the people who dont want to click and read:

HD4850, Ati’s midrange card priced at 199$, averaged 41FPS at 1680x1050 w/ 2xAA and advanced settings on medium in Crysis. The past generation 3870 averaged only 19FPS, but Nvidia’s new GTX 280 only scored 2 FPS higher, at 43FPS and has an MSRP of $650! (you could run a 3 card crossfire for less, and have more performance on the right motherboard) Meaning ATi’s high end cards only need to pick up a little bit of slack to surpass Nvidia. I beleive this next generation is going to be ati all the way.

thats good news to hear :tup: Great prices too.

While nVidia’s new cards are impressive, they really need to get their costs down. With the exception of the “hardcore” crowd and professionals (quadro cards), there is no reason to spend upwards of 400 on ONE component of a gaming rig when you can buy a 360 or PS3 complete for much much less

heard it beats the 9800gtx and loses to it in some games. sounds like a good deal atm.

The 9800 GTX+ has dropped to $229

im buying one

like today, even bestbuy carries them same price as newegg.

Anyone looking for a 9600GT lol

Ive always been an intel nvidia guy. but it makes me happy to see ATI doing well. Hopefully that means lower prices at Nvidia. I would actually like my next build to be amd/ati based. Lets hope we see some nice cpus from amd soon.

same here with AMD, but im very happy with my super overclocked intel i have now.