Nvidia 9 series

seems pretty promising, comes close to the 8800GT in performance. For the money, it should be a good contender. Can’t wait to see the 9800 GT

AMD/ATI are in big trouble right now.

AMD knows it, the prices on their latest series have been dropping over the past month…Indication of a new product line?

If AMD ever gets their quad core out I might build a new computer with a 9 series card.

This battle between ATI/Nvidia is great for us,card performance goes up and prices get lower and lower.

:tspry:,both companies have a great line of cards out right now with affordable prices.

Yeah, until Intel runs AMD/ATi into the ground.

Tis a shame too. When I started building comps AMD was the way to go, so I’m kinda partial to them.

phenom is out already. Comparable to intels q6600. Slightly cheaper, and with that comes slightly lesser results.

But yea…I wish the competition was a bit closer than it is. Intel’s 45nm cpus are amazingly overclockable, and nvidias 9 series is right around the corner. Well sure the 9600 is here, and the 9800 gx2 (aka just another 7950gx2 - gimmick) is coming out the 11th or march, the real cards 9800gtx, gts, gt will be out shortly after. Nvidia would be forced to get alot of their issues straight if ati was breathing down their neck. too bad…

same here… but I abandoned the AMD boat about a year ago lol… Intel is just awesome… too awesome for my stubbornness to stick to AMD. I’m really really stubborn too.

AMD got in over its head when they bought ATI

I’d actually consider the GX2 especially since I don’t have an SLi mobo, but it’s using the GPU’s from the 8 series :tdown: Don’t know why they chose to go that route, but it’s supposed to be around 25% faster than the current 8800 ultra I believe so as long as the price is right, it doesn’t seem like too bad of a card

will probably wait for the 9800 GT though

damn, this dude right here is one of the most stubborn people I know. This statement means A LOT.

I can’t wait for them to come out so I can build a new computer

Same here, after my brother built his intel machine, I will never build anything NOT intel.

I was the same way too, AMD64’s ruled back in the day, but today, I wouldn’t trade my intel quad core for anything AMD currently has to offer

Actually AMD is just fine with this card. Unless you’re running 4xAA in game the AMD card is better bang for your buck.

Turn on AA and you’re going to want the 9600.

I’ve never owned an NVIDIA card… but I may end up with some 8800GTs in the future here.

I’ve been an nvidia guy since the days of the TNT2 Ultra, but I really don’t care much about the new low end card (although now my 7950GT that I want to sell is worth even less). When they bring out the new fast card, I’ll be more interested.