About to buy a civic hatch..questions

OK…there is a guy who comes in to my store with a civic HB(92-95). I always told him if he decided to sell it let me know. It has almost 200K on it but the body is in good shape. He came into today and said that it just either blew the headgasket or cracked the head. He seems willing to sell it to me for $400. My thoughts are:
1.)Replace the head.
2.)replace the motor(junkyard motor) and boost it…low budget style, FMU etc,(5 psi or so)

He says the car blows white smoke like crazy but could probably be driven to a shop. What do you think/opinions…I wouldn’t mind having another honda parked next to my accord.
Anyone have a motor for this car? or a head? what are the possible motors that would be in this car? I’m sure it isn’t an SI.

oh yea…if i don’t get it, i know there are several people on here who may be interested…if you want to go look at it tues w/ me let me know.

If its white, and no rust, and you dont want it. Let me know

its white…a bit of rust(not bad at all!) on the rear 1/4’s

what model?

idk yet

5 Speed? let me know if you dont get it. I have a single cam vtec motor id like to put to use.

ok now quit whoring up my thread…pm me for details…yes 5 spd

base non vtec motors are cheap from a yard-- 225-275 price range w/ anywhere from 80k and up mileage. 6th gen motors are the lower mileage ones obviously. junk yard turbo figure 500 bucks. cheapest i seen the king of rigs-wags- do it for was $125.

sohc vtec motors hold their value --they go for over 600 bucks motor only from a salvage yard.

can pick up an ls motor cheaper from a yard- 4-500 range, or find a complete dc3 integra for under 500 and swap stuff over so u have ecu/tranny/accesories.

count me in! I’ll pm you

dude grab that shit. 92-95 u can drop in like any motor. You could sell it as is right now for more then $400. Right now thats the most looked for hatch for motor swaps. Doesnt matter about the rear rust. Thats honda cancer.

cool…i’m probably going to grab it and make it my daily driver…just keep the stock motor/no swap, and do a low budget turbo setup on it. I’ll let you guys know more on tuesday.

wish my daily driver could have a low budget turbo setup on it. i’ve seen your car on campus before, looks nice and clean. i say go with the hatch for $400.

Thanks man, whats your ride look like…pics?

http://www.team-integra.net/images/uploaded/profileTeg_60893_1.jpg

its not much, but its mine.

Pick up an LS motor and B16 tranny. Relatively cheap and fun to drive. Lots of room to work with too.

c’mon guys…I need a D15 ASAP!!!