Above Ground Pool Question

Has anyone ever got a used one… took it down and put it up?

I was given a 18 round x4 deep pool … all i need to do is take it down and get it home and put it up… i have never done this … is it easy … there is water in it right now and working correct and such… the people just are moving and dont want it… they will drain the water and pull out the liner the day i get there… they said it would be better for me just to pick up a new liner and i also dont have to truck the old one home…

I just really want to know is it hard to do… if anyone would want to help take it down let me know… i would say help put it up to but i dont have the yard ready or anything yet … i will not do that till i know i have it

I installed one once and helped my neighbor replace the liner on his. The big thing is getting the area prepared. Lots of sand, lots of time spent packing it down, getting it perfectly level and making sure there is absolutely nothing that could punch a hole in the bottom. Rent a gas powered tamper or set aside a bunch of money for a chiropractor if you try using a hand tamper.

If the one you’re taking down is more than 5 years old I can pretty much guarantee the liner won’t survive being taken down and put back up. They get brittle when they dry out. Bring a propane torch, or better yet a maap gas torch, because the screws that are holding the posts together are almost certainly rusted. Go the day before and hit any ugly looking screws with some penetrating oil.

EDIT:
Bring a set of damaged screw removers because there is about a 99.9% chance you’re going to strip the head on at least one screw getting the thing apart.

ehh mabye i dont want to do it now… i was going to get it and just take it for scrap… but its in good shape and would be a good time for the kids and its better then droping 3k on a new one…

the ground is what needs to get done but like i said i will do it once i get that bitch home

I did this about 3 years ago. I found a pool contractor that came out and leveled a site with sand etc… then i put it up. wasnt bad, alot of work but not bad. When I reassembled it i went to Northstate supply in kenmore and bought all new stainless hardware to assemble.