Absenth

from what i hear the real Absinthe is a brownish color not that green color in movies and tv. Also it needs to be prepared with sugar and water (correct? to those who have done real shots). Also I’ve heard it does nothing

<---- has done some research when I wanted a bottle but never did get any

Euro Trip

hm, never tried it. too expensive.

yea wiki says that its a 3:1 or 5:1 mix (sugar water with the cool spoon thing : absinthe)

I’ll play!

You will not see things.

You will not bite ears off or kill your wife.

I laugh at the general thoughts on this matter.

If people want to argue on the subject bring it fucking on.

no

Probably. But it wouldnt be in liquid form (when it was made) unless its 100+ years old. So it wont matter.

If you want to ‘feel things’ do acid. Not modern imported Absinthe. And lol at a shot and a half.

EDIT_ I didn’t see BuickGN said this lol

And its funny at all the “its crap responses.” You people thought you would be all out of this world? right…

Absinthe is one of the best liquors you can drink. Taste is acquired. Best is homemade :wink:

I’ve also had lots of it…all I got was a bad hangover the next day so I saw some aspirin and water?

whiteandblue had it right

you get a slight high feeling at the same time as being drunk.
to sum it up … it’s a very mellow drunk … if you can stomach it

there’s diffrent kinds from the low quality checz which is the most potent to the high quality spanish with is relativley weaker.

i like the TRUL which is a nice strong checz one. tastes like anise very strongly.

it is however 140 proof and it will eat a hole in your stomach if you drink it to much right around 2 and a half bottles.

i never saw shit once drinking it. i drank a quarter bottle by myself the one night and never “saw shit” however i was very very drunk and walked around a hotel near clifton hill naked.

overall opinion … it’s good stuff for novelty in the bar and a good conversation pice. i ahve it sitting right next to the everclear and green label jack amongst other things.

No one was seeing stuff… it was bs… some green bottle of liquor 55% proof…

ok didn’t see your other question… no you won’t piss hot on a drug test if you drink this … it’s similar in chemical makeup to THC(Tetrahydrocannabinol) however it’s very diffrent also. so you get similar effects but not the same …

the active ingredient in the absinth is the Thujon which is found in wormwood. if you want to “see shit” drink a lot over a long period of time. also look for an absinthe with a high Thujon content … a high content is usually between 30 - 34 mg per bottle.

Thanks!!

Fixed! IMO the stuff’s gross. Well, I’ve never had TRUL specifically, but the black licorice tasting absinthe that I have tried was gross. Maybe if it was prepared properly…

I had like a half of a shot and almost puked…it was nasty.

+1

Ak was drinking it like it was her full time job though :biglaugh:

eh… close enough

I wasn’t impressed when I tried the real stuff. Tasted like crap too, I hate licorice flavored stuff.

meh it’s an acquired taste … like jagermiester, i used to hate it … there’s all diffrent things out there and peoples tastes are diffrent.

however the majority of the people on this board aren’t big drinkers so i woulden’t say this would be a good place to get opinions on what kind to get … there’s plenty of booze connaisseur forums to check out.

freek got me retarted on this shit last patties day:tup: