Accord Suspension

Ok i have a 97 accord ex and wanted to do my suspension this summer…now should i buy new or save some money and go used…what your opinions

i would buy new

I put a spring/shock combo on my 97 lx and liked it. It was tokico, and around 450 or so I think. From shox.com.

tokico will work on 94-97 accord minus vtec models which mine is go figure ha

well…3 things come to mind…what are you setting up for?..looks?..drag?..drift?..for looks…go with lowering springs…done…cheep about 300 bucks…some ride issues like camber needs to be addressed…for drag…desent semi adjustible shocks…like air ride ones…so on a light you can get a better dig by softening the rear a bit…600 bucks or more…for drift…1200 bucks to start…coilovers all the way…hope this helped in someways…or just made ya think…good luck

Just for looks cause i want to get it sitting right before i buy my wheels by the end of the summer nothing crazy just some rotas 16’s

:beer: party tonight?

ya…go with lowing springs then…300 to 400 bucks and the car will sit rite…dont let someone tempt you in to spring cuts…it will screw up the ride man…good luck

Hell no to that ha my buddy did that on his bmw i mean it sat nice but rode so hard

:booty:

on my 6g civic i sold i had dropzone shocks, 250 bucks… and drop zone coilovers 50 bucks… and it rode real nice… if u go the coil over route make sure u buy coil overs that have thick threads cause the skinny threads tend to lock up if u dont perfection clean them everytime u go to adjust ur suspension.

I agree.

:booty: :booty:

I wouldn’t be too worried about used so long as its a good setup. I bought used Tein HA coilovers for mine about 4 years ago (100k miles). They’ve been very consistent over that time, although pretty stiff springrate.

Be sure to buy rear lower strut bushings before you do the job, you will most definately destroy the ones on there when you disassemble.

cool thanks man ill look into that…and thanks tony and klink :naughty: