Acura Brings Back the NSX

They only have one chinese plant and it only produces cars for china: List of Honda assembly plants - Wikipedia

not that you were saying everything they make comes from china, but their plant locations are legit.

I’m still hopeful. Hybrid technology can be used to make the car much faster out of the hole. with a 3.5liter V6 making ~400hp + 3 electric motors it might perform. If its even close to the posche 918 spyder their electric motors deliver 200+hp on top of the engine it should be a potent car.

+1 to this. I really hope this does catch on to some degree, and the ‘right’ people get ahold of it; if nothing else, simply for aftermarket development.

Look at the CRZ that Bisi did up shortly after it was released; you figure the aftermarket development for performance parts is going have to happen before Honda/Acura get into developing anything significant performance-wise; until they ‘know’ that they’re gonna have some sort of performance following… after all, they are re-releasing a car that, in it’s earlier form, is very nice performance car.

Unfortunately the performance didn’t change much over its 15 year production run and the price was still high. You would figure especially in the american market that they knew the car was underpowered and overpriced and will now correct. If I worked for Acura I would accept nothing less than GTR performance at GTR pricing.

I believe 400hp is the combined output.

It is bascially this, swap the position of the drivetrain and put a different body on it: Honda Electric SH-AWD to Be Paired With Hybrid V6, 7-Speed Dual Clutch | AutoGuide.com

NSX will have more electric motors. Including one on the transmission like a typical hybrid. I also heard the current sh-awd for the sedans is going to use 1 electric motor in the rear with a clutch as opposed to 2 in the NSX in the front so 3 electric + 1 gasoline. They said they will not be using a standard 3.5 liter so i would hope they can get 400hp out of a 3.5 on their halo car.

My prediction 520-550hp when said and done. God I hope I’m right, otherwise the car will be another failure.

strip all electric components, drop a nice heavily boosted k24 or j swap= win?

LSx swap

A 3.5 V6 that is rated at 400hp is NOT impossible, it all depends on how much torque you are willing to sacrifice; and Honda is known for “optimizing” their engines for hp rating.

IMO, a combined output of around 400 is about right for a car they are trying to sell as a green sports car to people that actually care about saving fuel but want performance and don’t mine it being impractical (this is a 2 seater iirc) all at the same time.

Car is still 3 years away from production, I am sure the final spec will change.

car is sexy as fuck, i’m never gonna own it so thats all i really care about.

400hp is easily possible. Not sure what you mean about sacrificing torque? The most powerful N/A hp/liter car out there now is also the highest tq/liter as well. Producing hp doesn’t mean sacrificing torque and often leads to more torque. The s2000 people say doesn’t have a lot of toque but it has similar or more torque than just about any 2.0l on the market, it just holds that torque to 9k not 6500.

Anyone can produce green 400hp. That is nothing for today’s technology. Chevy seems to build 7.0l 500hp engines that can get 25+mpg on a 3200lb car. I don’t see why Honda cant built a 400hp v6, + 3 electric motors producing 100+hp that gets better than 30mpg.

I am impressed by what Honda’s doing with this. Very interested to see end result.

I’m ok with it as long as the come out with the nsx-gt with the v8
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEMJy4cznQ[/ame]

I just hope the fifth gen TL looks better! :rofl

seriously that plastic grille thing on the nose has to go it looks bad on all there cars imo.

+1 Ditch those shit looking wheels for something more suiting the cars nature and I’d drive that thing without question.

Can’t live in the past.

Still looks like an R8. It was a nice try though.

The fact that it won’t be produced till 2015 is another huge downside.