Adelphia Premier

I Did my “Upgrade” to the Highest internet speed Adelphia has to offer.

Well I’m kinda still looking for where this “Faster Speed” is.

"There is a sucker born every minute. " - Joseph (“Paper Collar” Joe) Bessimer.

Hold out for Fiber to the house from Verizon (hopefully before we all die :roll: )

i have it as well

Waste of money, i got rid of mine a month ago.

i’ve got it, big difference to me

try preferred, speedtest it on that - then try on premier, see if there’s a diff and if it’s worth it to you

i signed up for powerlink a year ago not knowing about any different kinds of services they were offering me. i just thought there was one. and i found out about 4 months ago that im on adelphia premier as well. i dont car about the few extra bucks its costing me, so im not gonna bother downgrading

You’ll only see it if you are downloading from several sources at once. Or a source without a download cap.

Likewise if you weren’t getting anything around 3-4mb/s before, chances are it won’t be much better. For me I needed the extra upload more than anything.

how old is your modem?

A better question would be what kind of modem is it. And if it’s DOCSIS 2.0 compliant.

docsis 1 or 2 can still get 6meg for premier. Its the config file they send that determins speeds. A quick scan

community string : n3wy0rkc1ty
community string : @1ask@

TFTP Servers:

3com2w3d128u.cm
askey2w3d128u.cm
BASDefaultCMConfig1.0.cfg 1.5/128k
BASDefaultCMConfig1.0_d.cfg 1.5/128k
BASDefaultCMConfig2.0.cfg 1.5/128k
BASDefaultCMConfig2.0_d.cfg 1.5/128k
com212w3d128u.cm
commsb1.cm
commsb2.cm
commsb3.cm
commsb4.cm 9.4/3.5
disco.cm <-------Used for Terms of Service violators. you DO NOT want this one!
docsis.cm
eric3d128u.cm
erieschool.cm
ext-hsi-1-1.1_d.cfg 19.3/2.4 68.232.108.196
gi2w3d128u.cm
gi2w3d128u_2.cm
gi2w3d128u7.cm
gi412w3d128u.cm
gi412w3d128u_2.cm
gi412w3d128u_7.cm
gi412w3d128u7.cm
homenet.cm <---------Used for the new home networking project For modem-router combo units like the Linksys WCG200.
icmpflooding.cm

True but adelphia has had lots o’ problems getting some modems that claim to be docsis 2.0 compliant to work with premier.

only some 5000 series SBs, which they arent carrying anymore, power supply issues in one batch they recieved.

but my 4200 is chugging along nicely, docsis 1.1

Terayon, linksys, rca, toshiba all had modems that sux0rd when i was there.

lol well yeah, adelphia needs to only use motorola, all the others suck ass. Im still convinced they are a bunch of idiots there tho, took them 2 weeks to finally provision my shit to the correct level, i had to bite my tongue cause i knew exactly what was going on, but i wasnt sure if i should let them know i knew about the config files they were sending me were incorrect :slight_smile:

Woulden’t have mattered to them if you did know the exact issue. The support people arent allowed to make problems known to the escalations department. They ignore any issues that level 1 techs bring to their attention, they are kinda snobby assholes like that. Its kinda funny cause the escalations department is in coudersport PA and they are farmers surrounded by cows in a metal pre-fab building. Not a day goes by that makes me regret working with those people. But their benefits are top notch.

lol, now thats funny.

Sad but true, almost every day i would call them and say i think there is an issue on this blade in xxx county i cant ping anyone on it and nemos (diag tool) lit up like a christmas tree. Their response was “we don’t see anything” so i send it up to a level 2 technician and 5 minutes later i see trouble ticked for that same blade that i started. That is the biggest problem with thier tech support, if they ran it out of a city that cows didn’t outnumber people i think the service would be <* The bandwidth they are testing out in VA can rival what verizon is doing out west with the fiber to the house.

I kind of agree here… back when I origionally had DSL thru verizon all I kept hearing was how fast adelphia was but honestly, it’s not much faster.

Sometimes it’s alot faster, depending on the website/server… but 99% of the time, I dont get speeds any faster than 100-200kbps… bout the same as I was getting with DSL. Every once in a while I’ll get better speeds though (300-400 kbps) but it’s not as often.

I really couldnt see spending extra $$$ for faster speeds if I’m gonna get bottlenecked anyway (or unless you needed the faster U/L like was mentioned)

DAWT

Steve you had issues then cause there is no way DSL is even remotely as fast as cable, no matter what plan they offer.