Advice needed 99-01 Silverado

I’m looking at buying a truck when I get home in January and I like the 99-01 Silverados. One they are old enough that I will probably be able to afford one I don’t think I will be able to afford any newer. But anyways my question is, the motors that are in these trucks, how are they as far as reliability goes and how are they to work on? Is it even worth it to buy one with close to 100k miles on it, like say somewhere between the 70k-100k range? I’m looking at regular cab short bed, possibly extended cab if there is one at the right price but I definitely don’t need it. Any advice welcome!

We have 8X,XXX on our '99 Regular Cab Short bed Silverado, no major problems yet, may need a water pump soon. Also had to replace a brake line, backing plates, and an ABS sensor or two. My complaints about it are the fact that the rear bumper has cancer, the tailgate hinges are rusted and rotted so bad the tailgate won’t close right, and the frame looks like it’s 25+ years old. It’s been the most reliable vehicle we’ve had since it was bought new in '99.

It’s a V6 2WD Auto if that makes any difference.

call me when ur looking,i’ll fill u in what to look for!

mileage shouldn’t be a prob.
my truck that i got off pewter has 105k just took it to memphis and back pulling a trailer. i used the same drivetrain in my el camino and it has 200K+ on it. the compression reads 180 across the board and oil pressire is 40psi when hot at idle.

what is the first year for the good motor that will handle boost?

(this might be my turbo V8 solution,sled pulling truck + drag racing)

99 4.8 01 6.0