Aeroquip pushloc 'warning'

This is still my favorite automotive hose, but a good friend of mine in AZ that races a SW dirt modified series has had this collapse on him under vacuum with E85 flowing thru it. He was using it on the inlet side of an external fuel pump, and noticed that the car was laying over at the end of the straightaways. Long story short they could not find the problem and the engine (NA LSx) eventually burnt a piston.

Take it FWIW-this info does not effect my applications, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

EDIT-it could be a (lack there of) tank ventilation issue…I’ll have to ask my friend about his set up

What hose was he’s using? There are numerous brands of pushlock type hose. Certain types are not designed for vacuum even if you think it can be used as such, the internal braid is designed for positive internal pressure.

One reason why there are specific types of hose to be used for vacuum brake booster line, etc.

Also, even with correct hose it may still collapse if it was too small for the pump he was using. I don’t know this setup obviously, just making obvious comments regarding the situation.

E85 also breaks down almOst all types of rubber hosing, he and you will need Teflon lined braided hose to run e85 for extended periods of time.