Submersible fuel hoses

I’m attempting to put a weldon pump directly inside my fuel tank, and this is my one hurdle that I can’t quite get over comfortably.

I’m in need of a submersible fuel hose to go from my in-tank pump to the tank cap, needs to be -8an in size. I’ve reasearched this and found gates hoses only in 5/16", and 3/8" sizes, and only 1 foot sections – I will need at least 2 feet.

I’ve found sources saying the same Aeroquip push-loc that I use in the rest of the system is submersible because the outer skin is composed of the same material as the inside of the hose… however I’ve also found sources that said it “turns to mush” after a year. I’m looking for a set and forget solution.

What are others using? What have you stumbled upon?

For a question like this I would call the manufacturer directly… There has to be some option from aeroquip.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Brian, Have you thought about using metal line? It’s not that hard to work with…

Brian, Have you thought about using metal line? It’s not that hard to work with…

Yes I was actually just looking into that, trying to find a 1/2" or so aluminum fuel line thats rated to 100psi, not 25 :frowning:

Just use steel.

-8 is small son :lol:

lets be honest, its already on the car, so its good enough :stuck_out_tongue:

And steel it is, muchas gracias.

chassisshop.com sells SS hard line by the foot, I just bought some -6 to do my tank.