Stainless Steel Lines and -AN Fittings

I’m trying to put together my fuel feed and return lines together and am having the TOUGHEST time getting them into the fittings. I have a small -6AN setup. I wrap the line in electrical tape and use my cutting disc on the dremel and still can’t get the lines into the fittings. I’m using Earl’s fittings.

Anyone know a shop/place in or near Pittsburgh that could do this for me?
I’d rather spend the $ than have this continue to frustrate me. Thanks for the space! - Brett

what type fittings are you using, are they the standard earls AN line fittings? the line needs to be firmly pressed into the fitting and then you have to screw the fittings on. It should go in fairly easily.

Thanks for the quick response. They’re Earl’s fittings. My -8AN fittings went on perfectly fine for my oil cooler. It’s just these -6’s are being a SOB. The difficulty I’m having is with getting the hose into the female end. The hose keeps fraying. I’m just about to give up and take it somewhere. I’ve easily wasted a foot or two of stainless line. - Brett

ouch, when i did my fuel lines (6AN) i taped them and dremel cutoff wheel’d them like you did.

it did start to fray some, but i cut those loose strands off with the cutoff wheel. I touched up the ends wit the wheel to make sure it was snug all around. Kinda trimming the ends by cutting off alittle bit of the strands on the surface, back from the tip. Was able to narrow the end down to slip into the fitting better. I was able to twist them into the hose fitting without them fraying and once inside, i was able to FORCE them up and catch the threads inside so it started tightening it up.

I can understand the frustration but keep working at it to keep the ends fray free. if you can do the 8AN the 6’s should be no problem.