Anyone work at Ferry?

I am super irriated with making my braided lines myself. I know the procedure on how to make them. Got my first fitting on no problem, but now the second fitting keeps backing itself off as I am screwing in the stud.:evil: I stripped a fitting and luckly I had an extra. Either way I am going to bring it to them because I think the cutters I am using is not sharp enough to make a perfect cut. Anyone I should go see there?

Umm an lines are easy to make…

Wrap some masking tape over the area to cut…

Use a oxide disc to cut the line, either handheld or a chop saw

and assemble the line ends, use a vice if needed and get yourself some an wrenches… There are tons of videos/websites with instructions on diy

Shot in the dark here, but were you working with -6 by chance? Those (-6) are always a BITCH.

yes i was working with -6. It is a pain in the ass because I am doing exactly what you are suppose to. I feel retarded when you cant conquer lines like this, pain in the ass!

try harder…

ferry may revoke your car guy credentials if you cant build some -6 lines

Making AN lines is one of my favorite things to do. Lol. They’re gonna laugh at you if you can’t do it.

What brand fittings/hose are you using? are you lubing the threads before you install?

-10+ is where it can get to be a pain.

Use a cutoff wheel and it makes the cuts so much better to work with. I just did some an 6 for my car and the hose slid right in the fitting.

yeah, but lube the THREADS with some motor oil before assembly to prevent galling.

they make AN thread lube…

ive always just used a lil white litium greas on the threads when ive done mine

using a vice with some rubber jaws helps a bunch too…

I love making AN lines…

I didnt have any problem with teh -10… i had to do -12 for a air recirc tube on my Tiburon once… THAT was a bitch

Shit… this thread reminds me to grab a set of “soft jaws”… nothing pisses me off more than brand new shiny SCRATCHED hose ends!

BTW… I have a bunch of odd 6, 8, and 10 fittings laying around that I would like to make go away if anyone needs them… switched over to Swivel ORB instead.

guys at ferrys are awesome. my cutter was not sharp enough to have a clean cut so it was backing it out. thumbs up to everyone at ferrys and I ended up buying more lines from them.

I need to swing by there and pick up a 180* fitting for my setup this week. Man fuel systems are the gay