After almost 1 year, it is finally going together...

They arent 2 bolt mains, they are 4 bolt mains. There are 2 cross bolts that you cannot see easily…look harder. There are Viper blocks in this exact configuation marking north of 2000 horsepower… they arent weak by a long shot.

Also, those are billet H beam rods, (Can also be called “I” Beam), and are just shy of 400 bucks EACH. They are forged billet, shot peened, with forced pin oiling, machined face and lipped capped design.

:word:

Looks awesome, Dan. Glad it’s finally coming together for you.

im not doubting the strength so relax. i noticed the sidebolts, but i meant 4 bolt from up top. H beams are H beams, I beams are I beams. again, im not doubting the strength so relax. i said something because generally the web of the material is stronger in a forged cut I-beam. however, most people on a budget, like me, would get a forged H-beam rod because they have stronger qualities over a stock cast i-beam, yet arent as strong as a billet pro-mod Ibeam. so forgive my curiosity

this is what i meant when i said 4 bolt: (you cant see from this picture, but there are also sidebolts for each cap, like yours)
http://www.jandjspeedshop.com/images/TurboLS1%20Build/Turbo_underside.JPG

again, id like to have a race with u if ur up to it once u got the turbos on. budget turbo ls1 vs balla TT vipa

looks slow lol but i love it yummy

well, if you want to get very specific, the above could technically be a 6-bolt main. However, its a very moot point, as the number of bolts that hold on a cap are pale to the actual design of the cap and block.

As far as the rods go, I would say from an engineering perspective, design attributes have MUCH more to do with rod strength than the “type” of rod itself. There are weak H Beams, just as ther are weak A Beams and I beams as well. Some manufacturers do call the “normal” H-Beam design, like above, an I beam. Manley is one of these companies if I recall correctly. I was mainly responding to your comment about “spare no expense” etc… as a $4000 set of Carrillo Pro-H Beam rods can hardley be considered “budget”. even Carrillo’s “Budget” rods cant really be considered Budget… unless you are comparing them to H-Beam Carrillos.

As far as your earlier question, no, the rod bolts are not L19. They are SPS-CARR bolts, which are in line with AERMET 100 rod bolts, with a tensile of 290,000-300,000 PSI… quite a few steps over L19.

Lastly, as far as racing me… its gonna be a while. I have to figure out how to pay for the rest of this project first. DOing this project regularly would be expensive enough, let alone adding in all of the footwork to design it on the first go around. There is a good possibility I may be SC’d next summer for a “quick fix”, then TT’d the year after. depends on the money situation between now and then. Either way, it will be insanely quick, and can run either FI system without issues.

holy fuck. i never really looked into vipers but i recently read up on the RSI TT viper with moton’s which was phenominal. and a Heffner TT viper that makes 1200hp on 93octane i was quite impressed to say the least. i firmly believe turbocharging to be the undisputed king of power…

figure if a fully built evo motor with a ridiculous turbo on it can put down 950+ hp through awd imagine what a huge displacement fully built ten cylinder with two gigantic turbos could put down to two wheels…

i mean with a fully built to the hilt block is there even turbo’s out there big enough to cause the kind of lag that say 800++ hp 4-cyls experience? i mean with all the displacement and cylinders that thing would be a BEAST all motor alone. but i still think that it would spool almost anything instantly.

either way i think it’s amazingly sweet… i would love to see twin 101mm ball bearing turbo’s with like 4.5inch dump tubes coming out just behind the front wheels… i can’t wait to see/hear this thing.