Project Quest...4/26

[LEFT]So this is my build for my 89 Chrysler conquest.
2.6 liter 4 banger.SOHC turboed.176hp stock [/LEFT]

[LEFT]My goal is a 12 second car.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]For those of you that dont know what a conquest is, heres a pic

^^That one got wrecked on me.So i had to find a replacement.

ah yes this on will do just fine.This is an 89.The last year they made the car.Stronger transmission,which is good .No rust on the underside[/LEFT]

Some aftermarket stuff:
[LEFT]Weisco pistons .40 over
Knife-edged crankshaft
Race prepped rods
Ported and Polished Marnel head
Screaming banshee cam
Mechanical rocker arms(stock hydrolic)
Stainless Steel 1mm oversized valves
20g Hybrid turbo
Fidanza flywheel
Act Clutch [/LEFT]

[LEFT]

My knifeedged crankshaft.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]

Head all assembeled.

20g turbo compared to the stock 12a

New IC

Heres my bottom end all assembeled.Weisco pistons.Block is bored .40 over.

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Stock these cars come with Throttle body injection.That setup is beat as hell.I think i should upgrade?

Here is the Multi port fuel injection setup i bought.It has a 70mm TB

Flywheel and clutch.Fidanza and A.C.T. clutch

[/LEFT]

I will believe it when I see it, and you should be able to get it into the 11’s no problem.

nice what power numbers should this put down?

Well theres a guy that has the same setup as me and he hit 569rwhp at like 28 psi i think.
Oh by the way im getting rid of that 20g and im getting a GT35R instead.Im just waiting on a stainless manifold to get produced to drop the motor in.More pics tomorrow.

yea get rid of that ancient turbo, the gt turbos are awesome. Although I have a hybrid turbo in my car now T67 comp wheel/stge V turbine.

What induction system is that im looking for a larger TB which I can use the stock tps on

Looks good.

Next time you rip by my house and I am in the garage, stop by.

how much was it to have the crank knifed ?

nice but tha clutch:tdown:

that intake setup is the Hurricane setup if i am not mistaken. This build is awesome, and it’s nice to see it all done right. This car is going to wail alot more than he thinks. Me thinks you’ll need to do something about those halfshafts out back.

I remember when that crank was milled, slick shit.

signed up. :tup:

This is going to be a monster.

Oooo 80s hotness + Modern Tech. :tup:

very nice man :tup: can’t wait to see what it’ll put down

wow…

:tup:

and lol at similar setup having 550+ WHP and you only shooting for 12’s…

Well guys not only did i want this to be quick.I want it to look hot as hell to.
So i went ahead and painted the engine bay the color i want the car.You wouldnt even believe how many hours i have in this bay.A solid 40+ on the light side.I cant find a pic of the exact engine bay the way i got it but this will give you an idea of what was in it.

I noticed the fram rail was bent and with some help i straightened it back.
Also on the drivers side headlight ,the battery ate through the metal so we welded a piece back.

Here it is after paint

I put everything back in it.I removed the ABS.The ABS is shit in these and it looks alot better.Got rid of the charcoal canister and just mounted a 1way valve at the gas tank for it to “breathe”.I removed the A/C and lines.This got rid of a few brackets too:)

Oooh, love the engien bay now :tup:!!

beauty

Electron blue?

Stunning :tup:

I had it done by Castillos Crankshaft service in cali.They were featured in turbo magazine .After shipping both ways it cost $560 for the final product.

Looks awesome. I can’t wait to run you next year.