Why I'm f@wked in CA

Yup, it’s not uncommon for ppl to commute ~2hrs or even more each way out here. Insanity, and just not worth it to me. I’d rather enjoy my life than buy something just for the sake of buying.

I have the option of staying with my parents if I want (I rent a house right now). But again, what am I willing to do just for the sake of buying. Being 26 and living at home isn’t one of those things. In all reality the split of my rent for my house is very reasonable and wouldn’t be “the” difference. Just like selling the 'vette wouldn’t be “the” difference. Selling the Lexus wouldn’t be “the” difference.

Really it’d have to be all those things AND then some, just to buy something that’d still be an hour or more commute each way. Plus, I don’t really pay for my Lexus, I have very little benefit in selling it unless I get a '06 Cobalt for like $5k or something (still new enough to qualify for my vehicle reimbursement plan through work, which is a flat-rate + mileage and does not change based on the car you have).

It’s all possible but I’ve had friends go down this road (sell everything and live like they have nothing for a few years) to buy a house. None of them were happy in the end. But maybe they will be in 10 more years…

Haha, thanks!

I agree, I don’t want to be paycheck to paycheck etc. But out here it’s not like I have the option of a ‘reasonable’ house that’s I can afford vs. stretching for a huge ass house. It’s more like a tiny ass house in a “so so” are that is still a massive stretch. Haha.

-TJ