My Twin Turbo project

So i got bored one day and decided build a twin setup to display little of my fab abilities. Some know that im in Local 12 which is the sheet metal union and ive been in school since last year along with night classes getting my welding certifications. With having this background i wanted something i display my schooling. What better way then a bunch of tubes :slight_smile:

heres a few pics

being this is a twin setup i wanted everythign to be as symetrical as possible

this build wasnt about how much power or how fast this setup can go. This build was a soul purpose of display. So if it runs 13s i dont care, the journey to finish is the fun part and exciting part of it.

With this project I had to Tig 304 stainless, i had to tig 409 stainless and also had to try my skills at aluminum. Im becoming satisfied with the display results. Later on i may tackle building an aluminum fuel cell as a class project

looks sick man. fab me up some headers for my car so i dont have to spend 1500 on kooks.

He did not build the headers however.

Those are stainless works turbo headers…

Kooks price is high but the quality is well worth it.

Looking good Quik.

Nice work Quik.

We could prob. fab you some headers.

I was going to say those headers are sick for someone just starting out. The rest of the kit looks very clean too…and as symmetrical as possible.

yes i bought the headers then modified them to suit my needs. For cost of the material it was easier to pay for these headers and mod them

but thanks for pointing that out

:rofl:

Looks good man, you have enough turbo to make sick power… it better not go 13’s…

im not concerned about it to be honest. ill take it to track on the 20s see what it does. Like said its more about the build at this point. Get this thing up and running then have room to work on the camaro and blazer. I need my garage space back, having two dead vehicles in a 2 car garage leaves no room to get anything done.

Thats why you should have just twin’d the camaro and left the truck alone :slight_smile:

lol, you just want a twin kit for the TA, then put the Iroc to stock with t56

looks good bro i was waiting on this thread lol i always like the updates while im working

thanks bud, glad i could make your work day go smoother lol

Could of swore I read you wanted to display your skills, Maybe you should have said you wanted to display your lack of skills. You cant build shit, you say you don’t care about times or power but thats just because you know it wont do shit. JK. keep up the good work, your attention to detail is beyond anal.

i have the money to buy kooks right now it just doesnt seem worth it to spend that money on 15 hp. If i was planning on doing cam / head swap then it would be but Im debating really hard on trading it in on a jeep srt8 as i found one i really like and after watching this video i really want to do one like that. I want one like the jeep at 1:36

yeah i really want to keep the TA body style as my fast car and make the IROC a 6 speed driver more focused on road courses. Oh well, I just got that 401 motor I cant part with it now. So much left in that car

Have any close up pictures of the welds? Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like contaminated? too hot? the fit up looks excellent though.

Damn, that setup is lookin sick. What’s the current cost of this truck running ya again, lol.