My Twin Turbo project

thanks and to much

I’m digging the build and the work progress so far! Keep on keepin’ on!

Looking good quik - I have not been around for awhile, I thought you had already done twins on the 4.8L?

looks real good man keep up the good work

i can’t wait to see you quik and hear all about this project for 4 hours :slight_smile:

i havent spoke about this project in forever, im on to the next project

well its been some time since last had any updates. I been waiting on parts to assemble the motor.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

now im sure some of you are interested in the specs of this motor

well heres the specs on this bullet

2005 LS2 with 25k
WCCH stage 2 317s
crane gold 1.7 roller rockers
7.250 crane push rods
LS7 lifters
06 6.0 self ported/shimed oil pump
self ported fast 90 with RTV mod
LS2 MLS head gaskets
ARP rod bolts [reused from 4.8 setup]
SLP double roller timing chain
230/236 591/602 115+2 custom cam
GM TTY head bolts
LS7 Valley cover
LS7 manifold gaskets
3400 v6 manifold studs

this bullet is sitting about 9.85 cr since the 317s are 74cc, turbos are 62-1 turbonectics, 1 7/8 primary headers, merizere EWP water pump, SLP 25% UD pulley

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

well i got my valve covers back from the painter, instead of the polished look the letters are now a brushed look. Also i worked on the wastegate plumbing

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

well i over came my latest obstacle. I had issues with my PS reservoir hitting my collector. AFter going over all my options i found a bracket that relocates the pump over and up. You can see in the pics how much clearence i now have compared to prior. Also you can see my 304 stainless feeds and drains for the turbos

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

also you can see my coil relocation once again

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

the latest update is

i got the motor in the chassis and started doing the wiring of the motor. I also redid my ventilation setup. This time i have -12 out of each valve cover into 2 seperate breather tanks. By doing it this way i can determine which of the motor has more blow by then the other. Also helps with breathing as they are larger and shorter vent tubes. i also using the Ls2/ls7 valley cover to vent the crankcase as well. With this one i ran 5/16 hose and have it routed to vent under the motor. In the pics you can see where i placed the breather tanks. i placed them there for out of site out of mind along with a better oil run off

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

been making good progress past few days busting my ass.
the following is left:
-overhaul t56
-reset pinion
-install trans
-install clutch
-weld up rad hoses [all mocked up]
-mount coolant bottle
-run heater core hoses
-wire up new gauges/2step/cutouts
-fluids

seems like alot but really isnt, i was able to hide the main harness pretty well, also hide other wiring as much as possible. It may not be a user friendly setup but sure “packaged setup”.

also was able to get the Tick [corvette upgrade] master cylinder to work with my factory pedal

–ended up using end of a ballpeen hammer

so im still on schedule of firing next weekend. this week my fluids should be here and then got make a base file to fire the truck up with. hopefully i dont have any major gremlims

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

can you find my engine harness :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

also heres pic of the new Tick master mounted, youll also see the bundle of wireloom from extra wiring required for this build

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad325/Quik611/th_VID_20101208_173707.jpg

heres a short idle clip on 7 cylinders. its got some sound to it with camera under truck but as you walk around its not all that loud for having open downpipes

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad325/Quik611/th_VID_20101210_185010.jpg
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad325/Quik611/th_VID_20101210_185717.jpg

well it was broke where and how i had expected. simple fix and now i have 8 cylinders firing :slight_smile:

hehe so what made u build a 7cylinder motor compared ur usual v8 variety? lolz

Ive had some help lately with allowing the truck to be where it is today. So liked to thank those that have helped over the past few weeks.

bill cosby wants to buy your truck

looks absolutely rediculous George.

thanks man, still got some things to work on.

lookin good georgie. still using the other half of the hammer:rofl:

chris and i called that one!!! lol

Those manifolds look great, whats your power goals?

the turbos are capable of 1k rwhp with around 25-26 psi. however id need to upgrade injectors, add another pump to support that power level. Also at that power level id rather not have a t56. So i wont be aiming high anytime soon.

my goal is 1 yr worth of no issues, just enjoying it. I have 10 psi springs in place now with no boost controller so whatever it makes it makes at that level.

Lookin good.

Looks good George. Nice work area too.

That things looks beautiful George. Always liked the theme of your truck, I’ll have to check it out one of these days.

looks good