Aged tires, do you know the age of yours?

wow, never thought about this. intresting… i am going to go out and read the date code on my rubber.

I have heard about it before, very interesting

Tire expiration dates would be great (for sales), and why a representative for the American rubber blah blah would be against it, he should be SELLING the idea.

I didn’t think it was all the cryptic compared to the the letter & number combinations found on food products.

if it was thier idea… things might be different. but now it is CYA. i would love to walk around that guy who sells tires are the flea market.

edit mine are 0107

thats a good video, i found it quite helpful.

i’m going to check all my tires.

Interesting.
Being that I have a 2006 and 2008 car in the driveway, I’m not too concerned about those.

But I did buy new tires for the 69 last season and am curious to how old those actually are.

I checked one of them when i got them, i think its 13th of 07.

A guy that sells used tires pointed that out to me. My 13" tires developed little cracks a year or so after I bought them- I really want to find out when they were produced.

interesting stuff… will definately be checking out the dates

12/07 … i knew about this about a year ago and i check allll the time now

I just posted about date codes on ditb recently.:eyebrow:

http://www.dubsinthebuff.com/forum/audi-bmw-related/16032-dilemma-automobile-tires-2.html

'04/'05 are the ones I JUST put on my DD; got them on closeout as an “old” model so I don’t really care.

i wish i had this problem… i never have a set of tires more than a year old :frowning:

^Have you checked though?
Your brand new tires maybe 8 years old.
Just sayin…