Ages???

Agreed, Im 26 for what it’s worth.

i love girls under 14.

age is just a number to me… wait, wut? i ment 15.

Add a poll!

Im down with having age visable

Agreed

i agree with Toronto240sx, you lie about your age and say dumb comments and are rude with no respect for others it shows you dont act your age. So even if people do fake their age about being older on son, atleast show it.

im 20. Driving since 13 Circuit racing since 15, drifting since 19. Building cars isnce 15.

Id say i know a fair amount, but im a question asker. I would say im knoledgable, and a good rounded driver, for my age.

People are confusing themselves with exceptions. Age is an excellent guideline to maturity, but as with any other guideline, there are exceptions. If you were to take a fairly sizeable random sampling of people around 16 and people around 26, the differences in maturity would be massive.

I laughed at whoever mentioned banning people though. As if that has ever been proven effective on SON. Half the people on here have been permanently banned and they just re-registered. Some (one) is on their 5th or 6th username now.

what do the mods think about this age thing ?

i also agree that age is usually irrelevant. ive seen many immature 17 year olds, and many mature 30 year olds. i’ve also seen many mature 17 year olds, and many immature 30 year olds.

age is just a number, the way someone speaks is whats important

other forums have the age under their username.
I think its a good idea, but in regards to someone asking a noob question, just look at there post count, (some exceptions)(post whores). usually anyone over 300 post count has been around the forum long enough to know.

Yeah I don’t see any input from the mods at all… It’s like complaining to a manager without a manager around?.. What’s the point of this section if the mods don’t care to listen to the club members input?

im immature 26 years old :smiley:

I think the mods will likely chime in when there’s a bit more consensus on what people want.

I don’t see this as adding value to the community. It’ll create more agism and allow people to quickly judge the validity of the post.

We do have a rep system… it’s called iTrader. I know it’s only relevant to sales and purchases but really, if you are going to have anyone give you rep points that count (not buddies giving buddies points), it’s from transactions.

Most often you can tell the maturity of a person by what they type anyways… and if not, send them a PM asking a few questions.

i think its a dumb idea. ive met a lot of people much older then myself who are complete morons. they spew bullshit and expect younger people to accept it at face value because of their age. im not saying it would happen on here, but generally people who are older then someone else have a weird superiority complex over them.

if it aint broken, dont fix it.

^^ +1

i cant really see any benefit to this idea? what difference would it make

im 22 btw for those who are interested…

Agree’d.

Personally, I think it all comes down to how well your known within the community. Someone who is new to SON or any other community at that matter will most likely get picked on. It’s a common hierarchy trait almost everyone has.

Subconsciously, until they “prove” themselves no one will give a rats ass who they are. By proving themselves, I don’t mean they need to go do some outrageous action and gain the “like” of others, I mean, by staying active, NOT being a total tool, being respectful…etc etc.

A rep system will do no good. The iTrader IS good strictly because it gives you a sort of background on yourself and the person your dealing with, knowing that you could be swindled by a scam artist or helped by someone who’s a great person.

Again, it all comes down to “proving” yourself really. I mean unless people can actually vouch for you it’s very hard to join a new community and automatically be respected. However, there are many times that within the first few words of someones introduction or first post that you can grasp a sort of concept on their forum personality. At this point you than make your decision.

im 18 lett it be known october 10th 1991

17 in February… Still no G1 though >:[