something has to be said because something has to be done.

Ok now Im not the most hardcore O.G. 240 owner out there but I feel this has to be addressed so here goes. Every day I log on to this forum to see whats up in our tight knit community of 240 owners and every day sure enough I see some sort of noob asking a ridiculous question. I was a noob at one time and yeah Im sure I asked a couple of questions that may have made some people say “wow what a noob” but for example, the thread I saw today where the guy asked how to get 250 hp out of an NA KA24E motor “without doing anything too technical” just made me want to sell my car and move to egypt.
The point Im getting to is that with the infamous F&F Drift coming out this summer these stupid threads are only going to become more common and much stupider.
I think we need to create some sort of a process that will weed out the morons. I dont think Im alone in saying that if this forum becomes a bunch of idiots talking about street drifting in their stock open diff sohc rustbuckets a lot of the talented minds we have here (or the not so talented although hilarious minds such as myself) will stop posting. I dont want to see this forum go to shit.
So, whos down for an elitist interview process???

open diff sohc rustbuckets

you got issues with my car. :twisted:

anyways I agree but then you turn into the next zip tied if we set the standards to high

balancing member base vs. intelligence isnt as easy as it seems

Well from a financial point of view I don’t think the forum leaders would want to cut down on the members.

I actually think that the members section helps A LOT. I mean it’s just 10 bucks but that DOES prevent idiots from posting here IMO. SOmeone who doesn’t care much about the car/community wouldn’t bother becoming a member.

Well we can’t just start banning people for asking dumb questions or being penises on the board. The ironing is strong in this thread

i think you mean irony… your hilarious.

this is just a thought.

yea unfortunatly weve been through this many times before.

it just cant happen…

GT

yeah, just deal with it…

i dont even open the posts from people i dont know if there arent a lot of posts in it already. i just assume it isnt worth reading.

if you do go through all those posts perhaps you need only take up another hobby.

i see alot of magazines about knitting or walking.

but then again if you joined the walking forums people would probably flame you for thinking you can walk 4 steps a second… because after all, that would be the running forum.

lol.

yeah, i skip over 80% of the threads here…just not worth my time.

by doing this, the newbs don’t get on your tits as much.

i think you mean irony… your hilarious.

this is just a thought.[/quote]

No I meant ironing 8)

I agree with you… but we’ve been over this many times in the last couple years. There’s just no real solution, unless you want the club to remain really small, and disliked.

we’re probably already disliked by most people cough honda owners for example.

oh well it was just a thought.

The best thing to do is set a good example, be humble and let the mods be the ones to chastise and keep order. Half the problem is that people have no respect for the community, and don’t heistate to post anything they want. People need to have a healthy fear top prevent them posting something stupid; they need to feel they have to prove that they belong.

Maturity, repsect and courtesy is really what will turn the board around. It’s just hard - as a mod or admin - to draw the line without offending people.

This issue frustrates me aswell.

I’m with Paul on the whole healthy fear thing.
People blatently ask the dumbest questions without researching one bit and expect us members to run around answering all their questions. If we don’t they get all pissy.

I have no problem offending people if it helps turn this board around.

May i add, back when i was a newb people seemed more accomodating, Now mind you it was 2 years ago when people were not so frustrated with the influx of people, but even my stupidedst of questions were met with few insults and help anyways.

Now i dont know if it was because people had more respect for the community or what not but the boreds seemed more in harmony back then, I think we should strive for that again

i think we should strive for that again too…but keeping in mind that no one should really be mad about these threads…mods will do their job and tell them to search or w.e…or some1 will provide a link to part of the solution

if these threads really bug u that much, then i would think its easier to just not read them…there are tonnes of threads i dont read because they are an old question or something not of my interest…

there are always going to be people who are asking newb questions…its what being a newb is all about…so u might aswell let them join in here and sell there parts buy parts(its great for us cause we can buy/sell more) and let them ask there stupid questions…i just think there are too many people here who get “Mad” about questions when they dont need to

enjoy life, dont take it too seriously…u know it just a forum for people to talk!

rob

Perhaps what we need is some skill testing questions that need to be
answered before they are allowed to surf the other sections. :dunno:

ROFL…

“Does reving up your car flushes cooller oil into your turbo before shutting down?”

I remember my post about a graduated access system. Where a new memeber is required a certain number of posts to move onto new areas blah blah blah… it’s in the front desk section

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19252

it covers all this junk and has some good ideas and what not.

But really this is getting pretty darn silly. I don’t mind silly, because I’m a silly person and Spilner can vouche for that. But when I see blatantly stupid posts I want to get out of my car and run myself over with it.

I’m going to have to issue a lockdown for a week to get everyone to chill
the fcuk out and stop making garbage posts.

Graduated access system sounds good but it requires a little more work
by the moerators to keep track of who’s at what level.

I think we should just lock threads with a remark to let the orignal poster
know why and keep it that way.

The more blunt and strict we are, the better we’ll improve. :dunno:

Am I one of these noobs everyone hates ?