attention

based on recent posts from a lot of memebers ive decided to become even more of an asssshole on this board.

if you are an idiot in any of your posts i will:

a: deleate it
b: pm you to tell you how much of a fukhead you are
c: procede to treat you the same way i do on the board in person.

if you are an idiot on the board you will be considered an idiot in person. if you are a nice guy who helps the board out then i will treat you like a nice guy in person

in closing im sick of the bullshit that myself and other mods have been seeing in the last while and hope that you understand that i can and will be the biggest jerkstore i possibly can to you if you fail to follow the simple rules we set out for this board.

If you have any issues with the new way of dealing with things feel free to pm me with any hate or death threats you might have.

as well this in no way has any reflection on any of the members of the team in wich i belong to and as well does not reflect the thoughts and ways of the other mods and admin on the board.

thankyou

GT

Yeah, try a little humility you bunch of jackasses. :wink:

No seriously… everyone’s got the wrong attitude, stop starting shit with little digs and insults. Try respect and humility… things will go a lot smoother.

=D>

Chorus:
Hate it or love it Greg’s on top
And He’s gon lock homie till his heart stop

The Greg:
Go ahead and envy me
I’m SONs Nazi
and I ain’t goin no where
so you can get to know me

Same effort is going down on sequence-garage, I’m tired of people using the board as a playground for talking about stupid shit.

Maybe we should start a forum for totally pointless posts?

There is such a forum. You just don’t know about it. :noes:

You know what though, on this board, we know who our firends are and
we know who to respect and such.

So I mean, we really have nothing to lose by making another enemy.

At least that’s how I see it. But then again I don’t like to stir shit in the
first place. :wiggle:

MMTO boys… MMTO…

thats where the offtopic and stupid shit should be
no matter how much we make fun of it or love it… you have to admit… thats the place for it.
not on good boards like son and sequence or any respectable forum

Keep doing what you’re doing. With the good comes the bad, and vice versa.

Stand your ground on the idiocy (and the rules), and people will catch on. It’s a CAR forum, a 240sx forum, afterall.

Just remember, people are being helped in the forum too. Just look at the Technical section. We should be proud to see that people can come together and learn things from others with experience…because these are things that most mechanics/people wouldn’t be able to help with and are hard to find out.

It’s just a balance between keeping things under control and on-topic, and yet making it an enjoyable forum to be a part of.

I have already started being a Nazi in the classifieds. There is no reason to bump your thread early, or to post in the wrong section. I delete the thread, if these rules are broken.

Why don’t you get more moderators? Instead of enforcing the rules you can relax the rules in “Car Chat”.

how about you add a pics and vids of the day thread to clean it up

and an off topic chat section

personally i enjoyed coming on here more when we had ot about a year and a half to two years ago with Mercedeh talking about penis and such

and the
^^^ thread

haha

because off topic starts bs.

GT

which is a good thing cuz then u wont have any bs trickling down in to the hardcore theads where u mods have to constantly lock and ban. not like it costs anything to start an OT thread.

i guess.

we would have to look into it more.

and as well have the off topic only in members.

and honestly i think the non paying members should get even less use of the board.

we ahve a lot of non paying members because they already have access to everything.

we should take a way a lot of it.

leave them with car chat.

and i you want more. you pay.

sorry if i sould bad but honestly i want to see this board turn into a more well rounded smaller version of fresh alloy.

anyways discuss that.

im going to work

GT

the problem is making the membership more appealing. not blocking off more of the forum. strength in numbers man. u need to make the headings more versatile so we have room for everything. media etc which will attract more ppl. we’re off on a good start with the membership cards etc but we need more. member only discounts at local shops, stickers… t-shirts etc. also maybe making the forum viewable to registered users only… like zilvia. having more appropriate headings to filter off the bs will keep the hardcore purpose threads cleaner. Part of the reason why ppl are posting in the wrong sections etc is cuz there isnt a right one. for example: there is no off topic heading so everyone puts all their junk in car chat regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with cars. I agree that alot of it is due to ignorance and stupidity but that’s not all of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This place has cleaned up a lot. The Modding on SON is pretty Hardcore, with all the banning, editing, deleting and locking. We wanted this place to be cleaned up, and I beleive it has come a long way. Anyways I enjoy the drama that we see here once in a while, It keeps the mods and admin on their toes.

remember

• without the bitter you can never taste the sweet

Jesse: U can always come and post whore on VM :smiley:

NAZI WOOT!

I got your back dawg :wink:

No he can’t. Me and Jesse are banned. We also received death threats
from the Administrator bahaha. Then Lucky DFR showed him good.

Anyways, theres no need for Off Topic on this forum. Why should we
waste our bandwidth on crap like that? You wanna talk about stuff other
than cars, go to a forum for that then. SON is a place to come discuss
car related topics, MSN or MMTO are good for OT stuff.

Member’s chat is open for OT. The people who pay to support this club
can post OT, the leeches cannot, its as simple as that.

That is right …:slight_smile:

I forgot about that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

u know, now that i think of it this board has cleaned up alot…

whats more is that i find there are ALOT of pretty hardcore dudes running around.

i mean i never thought many people would want rear multi-link gear but dudes all over are on my tip about it… those are mods you dont even think of doing unless you are crazy anal about your car.

some might say that there is a lack of tech issues being presented in teh tech section but i would attirbute that to our core members’ ability to search and find the necessary info on this board, other boards or from each other on MSN.

i said it last year, we have a sick network of communication here, i have a full MSN list and 90% of it is 240sx guys.

SON fuckin rules…

i support the idea of making the club more attractive instead of limiting it…

we have grown to over 1400 registered users and tons of regulars in several cities that drive hours to come to meets. if we were to limit it we risk losing some of those guys who would otherwise be deterred.

some might use the arguement “quality over quantity” but if you ask me we have both. there isnt a question i could ever ask that couldnt be answered on here.

kudos to us

as an example of access vs. limitations:

tonite i had jesse, chris, jason and eric over and they told me that a local 240sx guy that we dont really know was next door at timmies.

i ran over there and invited him into my place to check out some of the gear we got today and to introduce him to us.

sure some would say i was just trying to sell him shit, but it is alot more than that. if we (S1DC) were to act all high and mighty then this dude and others like him would be oblivious to all the resources (info, parts etc.) that we have. by inviting him to get to know us a bit he is going to realise how much there is to gain by being affiliated or at least familiar with us and eventually SON240sx.

i really think this is the way to grow a club.

it is true that we need to create some tangible benefits to entice people in, (members cards, discounts, stickers etc.) but the intangible is sooo much more important or rather it is the greater of all benefits.

i think by hiding the board we restrict peoples view of our community, our community should be what brings in the guys that are eager to join something like SON and contribute to it.

ok, it is 6am and i have a test in 12 hours and i need to study more… bed time for me…ramble ramble