Technical Forum

History:

We had problems last year with people responding to technical threads with snotty reply’s and flamebait. We agreed that it was important not to flame in the technical forum but keep quiet and only post when you have helpful information.

New Problem:

Recently, I’ve noticed a lack effort put into technical threads with respect to spelling, grammar and more importantly research. When you try and help someone out and dig into their question, you find it’s a more of a whim or lack of research then technical issue. This wastes the responders time and turns into a virtual slap in the face.

I suggest that proper English, good grammar and research be rewarded. If someone wants to post like trinituner, it should be ignored.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=23720

The reward, is obviously time spent by someone else to help the thread starter.

trinituner: I’m just using you as an example, that’s all, nothing else.

My response or solution to that is to put as much effort into the reply as they put into the question.

I wish you had followed your own advice and applied it to this thread.

People need to stop making posts as if they were talking in real life.

For the love of god, enough with typing lol. If you want to show your
laughter, use a friggin smilie such as :rofl:

The problem with SON is there are too many people here, and many of them are
young, lazy and ignorant.

It’s a shame really.

Just look at this classic example of my recent encounter with shawn240/1twitchy1:

It seriously has picard.jpg written all over it.

( Yes I realize I wrote grammer :squint: )

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Gonad is throwing boulders while living in a glass house.

weres da cheapast plce dat i can get a sr 20 engine? i have a 240sx. plz let me kno

Haha good one Mark.

I personally am fuckin tired of all those grammar police kiddies everywhere on the internet now. It’s like, everyone sucks at grammar but them. Seriously, when you see a typo or whatever, what’s the big deal in proving you have better grammar than your own english teacher? No one gives a fuck. I agree some out there are ULTRA bad at grammar and speak with that freakin l33t high school sms type of writing and it’s really annoying.

But to all the people with the occasional typos and all, what’s the deal with reminding them of it. It’s not fuckin english 101 in here. If it’s excessive, then yes i agree they should be put in their place and try to write better.

I try my best to sound as clear as possible when i post online and check for my own grammar as best as i can. But sometimes a typo slips out, its natural. If you write grammer instead of grammar, so fuckin what. The person pointing that out is a freakin idiot with a small penis trying to prove he’s better than you… i.e: lame.

Zallow, there’s a difference between letting a few typos slip and actually being
ignorant and lazy.

The latter is what we have on SON.

zallow, you french idiot. That’s not what he meant, look at my above post for reference. A typo or 2 is fine. But it’s the way that they try and ask for help. When I see it, I don’t even feel like helping the guy out just cause.

This is okay:
hey does anybody here know where exatcly the thermostat is and how I would change it?

This is not:
sup guyz i need to change ma thermostat, some1 plz tell me how, thx

Zallow is a kay-beck-er.
If your English grammar is worse than his you better have a good reason.

Yeah i understand what you mean guys. I’m with you on that one.

I’m just talking about all those grammar police kids…

Sorry if i was out of line. Don’t hate me cause i’m french.

Mark, MON OSTI!!! DONT MAKE ME GET THE STRAP!

Merciii poulet!

Hahahaha!!!

i didn’t mean to cause such a fuss, i agree with roast however, it really annoys me when i have to read crap like that.

I know he’s excited and probably can’t speak English very well, but It’s like someone asking “is the sky blue?”

and someone else replying, “i tasted purple”

it makes no sense.

…in reality i could read what he wrote, but it gave me headache and i wanted to punch him in the mouth because i can read French with less effort.

Lucky, I read your post (from my example) and agree’d with you. The type of posts I’m talking about show no common respect. If I have to concentrate to read what their saying, it’s too much effort. I do separate comprehension from actual reading and am implying that when you read text you don’t need to concentrate.

Anyways, I may not have a lot to offer in the Technical forums but I don’t want to see some of our more experienced users get burnt out.

Exactly.

Preach on, brother.

more like skdjlf lskdfks lksdkf lks fsuwiv piwpelk ksdjf. sum1 plz helpthx lol.

Grammar is one thing, but the number of stupid posts is getting out of control. 99% of new posts are nothing but the same retarded questions that have been asked hundreds of times. I don’t even bother to read the technical section at all anymore, as every new post is something that we’re all tired of dealing with.

I suggest that re-posts of popular topics be deleted, with a PM sent to the non-searcher, requesting them to search before posting. Let them search for the information, because I am positive that almost all of the FAQ’s that irritate the hell out of all of us have an answer somewhere on this forum.

If I see another “Has anyone ever done an auto to manual swap” or “what motor should I put in my rust bucket POS?” again I’ll track them down and beat them with big plastic SEARCH button.

Where do you get said “SEARCH” buttons? Staples?

i think it’s one of those things your momma tells you about as a kid, but it doesn’t really exist - kind of like the easter bunny.