Air / Fule Gauge

i dont think its working??

well i put the purple to the o2, the red to ign, and the black to ground. My gauge just reads 2 above lean and only flashes one up or one down fantly. is that right? should it not bounce back and forth. what did i do wrong.
when i hooked up the the o2 there was only one wire, and i cliped right on it.

Is this with or without your turbo on? (mounted)

most a/f guage are next to useless. really u need a wideband O2 sensor to get really useful numbers. Just get and EGT and have the car tuned on a dyno that has a wideband o2

with turbo.
ok thanks for the info

ya if you dont want to spend $1000 on a wideband O2 an A:F gauge isn’t going to tell u anything whatsoever. an EGT is good but only if you know how to read it right…

pavel’s EGTs were SKYHIGH, his manifold, turbo downpipe and can were all glowing red hot, why? he was only running on 2 cyl and the unburnt gas (overly rich) was actually burning inside the exhaust system. Normally high EGT = lean… but it could also mean your not burning all your fuel (rich) and its burning in your exhaust…

the best solution is really to get a wideband and a good display that tells you your EXACT A:F and a knock sensor meter :lol:

Just finished building the Aussie Techedge wide band O2 kit and am getting the N1K1 sensor later this week. This seemed to me to be the best value for the $$ of anything I have been able to come across. Total cost is going to be less than $500 CDN by the time we’re done. I’ll let you know how it works out - PM me if interested.

ok cool,
mines working now. the car just needed to get warmed up.