Wideband O2

I need a wideband. After installing all my stuff (gt2871r, Apexi PFC, z32 mafs, 740cc injectors, ect…)

Anyone know anything about the NGK powerdex AFX unit?

I like the led display rather than the guage type.

i also want one. aem ?

do you guys think its necessary to hae a wideband if all you ahve is a stock motor. will a megan a/f gauge will do?

I don’t think a wideband is needed for a stock application unless you just want to know what your A/F is. You really need it for tuning.

yeah thats waht i thought. so i shoudl jsut save up and stick with a a/f gague for now eh.

thanks bro

Honestly a narrow band o2 will do nothing. You’ll find the gauge will just bounce around and you won’t get an accurate reading.

Any one else have any thoughts on this or my original question?

The NGK unit seems good, and I trust NGK as a company since like 99.99999999% of 240 owners use their spark plugs with success. But all wideband gauges read to 0.1 accuracy with good response so it’s the price tag that matters.

For the narrowband, I agree, they pretty much do nothing.

You won’t need a narrowband OR a wideband gauge on a stock motor…there’s no real need for either.

AWDdrift - The NGK should serve you well, I almost bought one as I recall good things being said about it, but went with the Uego instead for the 52mm gauge.

I would recommend the Zetronics ZT2 or one from PLX. The AEM units some people find to be a little laggy.

Honestly, I think every kid loves to put as many gauges in their cars as possible. I see so many stock 240s with an A/F narrowband gauge. Sigh

damn dude, you’re more emo than gonad lately.

snap out of it you 'tard.

I have a A/F on a my stock SR… I like my bouncing useless light, i especially like it when when it goes green and stays there while at WOT.
Deep down inside everyones like the bouncing red-orange-green light and you know you all love saying “Stoich.”

But seriously, I say the NGK is a good choice, read good things about it.

I think any widebands “lag” would more likely be from it’s location on the downpipe or in the exhaust system…no? The farther down the exhaust from the turbo, the later you get your reading. Mine is around 45", even more than is needed to be safe and has a 0.5-0.7 second delay or so.

240sxfan, I think birdhou53 is probably mostly referring to N/A engines with the A/F gauge so you’re in the clear. :wink:

speaking from experience,

get the wideband unit. narrowband is more useless than poking a stick into shit.

also make sure whatever unit you get that it uses a bosch lsu4 o2 sensor as they are most widely used therefore cheaper.

i like the innovate xm1
or the aem ems.

both i have used and are solid.

Just to put things into perspective about the wide range of quality and price when it comes to WB o2 sensors.

The MoTeC wideband that came with my dyno retails at $3,800 usd.

I’m using the Zeitronix ( http://www.zeitronix.com ) wideband and I love it.
It’s especially useful for me because it can log several inputs besides the wideband.
(RPM, TPS, BOOST, user +5v (I use MAF))

I would definitely recommend it.