Let's Talk Wideband's - What do you have and/or what do you recommend?

Alright Everybody, I’m in the market for a complete wideband setup. I’m looking for something with an output cuz It will be set up to log through DSMlink. Also, I prefer a gauge-type display, just because I’m picky. I’m thinking the Innovate LC-1 with the DB gauge, but I’m just curious to see what people have and what they like. Thanks.

I am also looking too. I was thinking the same route. LC-1 with the DB-16 Gauge cuz you can get them quite cheap.

so Im wanting to know the same thing as him. has anyone got it and like it?

I have the standalone Innovate Motorsports LM-1 kit. It’s very simple to use, only takes seconds to setup and I can use it on anyone’s car.

I don’t recommmend driving on a wideband though. Once you are tuned then your A/F ratios won’t be outside of your narrowband stock 02 sensor. It’s an easy way to burn up an expensive sensor as well.

PLX FTW

^^ what is it with useless replies like that. How about some elaboration

I just want it cuz It’ll be a lot easier to tune without jumping back and forth from the laptop to the wideband. And its a piece of mind knowing at all times that the car is actually running at what it’s tuned for.

It runs off the laptop as well using the exact same logworks program that all Innovate stuff uses. The simple point is you only tune with a wideband, and that is it.

Stay away from AEM UEGO - I have had many issues with them. AEM has admitted to many “bugs” with the unit.

They work fine for me:confused: I ran a dual aem on the nsx and single units on some of my other cars. I would like to try the innovate tho it seems to be the “new” one that everyone gets.

so what would be the best thing to do ( for the both of us) cuz like he said, I also would like a wideband gauge so I can always know how the car is running, and I can then get rid of the gay “ricer lightshow” A/F Gauge

I repeat…after tuning your A/F will be within the OEM sensors range, so the value that you’ll see on the gauge will be identical (whether it’s generated via WB or NB). If your numbers are out of the OEM sensors range while driving, your fucked anyway.

I used an Innovate LC-1 for all my tuning needs here at the shop. You can add any gauge really that you want to it and it also has outputs if you need. I believe it can also be run as a narrow band, but im not sure. I’ve had great luck with it and not one problem.

I’ve only used aem’s through customer cars and from what I’ve delt with, I havent seen any problems. They are very simple and good for someone who only needs an a/f readout and nothing more. I’ve seen people use them for a long time too. If they do burn out though, a new sensor is only around $60 iirc.

I use a PLX SM-AFR box in the goat, no gauge, just wired right into HPTuners for logging…

I dont see how the autometer NB A/F gauge does anything… only thing i see is it stays in the green (rich) during WOT and stays in the red (lean) during de-accel when in gear… during idle and normal driving it just bounces around like crazy… If I tuned the SAFC while using an LM-1 like dyingwish has would I get better readings?

It would certainly be more accurate. The only issue with doing this via S/VAFC is that you can only adjust so much, but the wideband will give you a very clear picture of what is happening. You are right about the Automter gauge though, it tells you nothing about actual ratios…rich/lean doesn’t mean shit.

My AEM UEGO works fine for me

you only drive your car 50 miles then blow it up…may want to recheck that :wink:

I was getting severly inaccurate reading when comparing with a DVOM. Called AEM and they said they had problems with the heating element not working/being activated and foulding sensors.

Just a heads up.

plx or NGK

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2096374

I don’t want the wideband simply for the gauge. I want it so instead of jumping back and forth between the portable wideband and DSMlink it’ll be hard-wired and anytime I bring up link, I’ll be able to log a true A/F along with all the other essentials. One graph makes things a lot easier. I just like the added security of having the gauge available so I don’t have to cruise around with the laptop constantly, to know if something goes wrong.