wideband needed and have questions

whats a good one and how much ,i need one for the maro to keep a eye on things while gettin it jetted and tuned on nitrous and motor let me know :thumbup

Innovate LC-1 is a great controller and uses the standard bosch WB02 sensor which can be purchased locally if needed. You can also get a variety of different gauges ranging from cheap to expensive.

what am i lookin at ,a standard gauge with a a/f ratio is fine i dont need a big elaborite setup

$230 for the innovate LC-1 controller, sensor and digital gauge (red or blue) from www.diyautotune.com or direct from www.innovatemotorsports.com . Great product, I’ve used it myself.

yup

Spend the money once, do it right and get an FJO.

innovative’s are great for the $$$. hey john my buddy kevin may have one, his name is 90whitepony on albanyunderground, you probably know him, he had two lc-1 setups in the garage before winter started, one used and one brand new. i have his number if you want.

If I remember right he sold those or atleast one of them.

the aem uegos are goin for 199 last i looked john…

i bought klopmans aem from him for the car

John just wide the sensor off and do a free air calibration on it(it’s part of the setup). AEM gauge is a good unit for the price.

Innovative is a good product. They also provide good support via forum.

I will need one soon too but it needs to read Lamda for flex fuel… I think Innovate and AEM are capable of this but not certain.

I had the LC1 and hooked it up too HP Tuners. Worked awesome and was cheap.

LC1 is just too tempremental to me…

ooh the sensor is at the wrong angle…whoops, too close to the engine, oh wait, gotta recalibrate the sensor, etc etc…

If you want something that works, everytime, with any fuel you throw at it (LC1’s use the Bosch sensor which has a short life with leaded fuel), get an FJO.

But what do I know, I’ve only been using widebands since 2000.

FJO is popular too. I did seem to go through a lot of WB02 with the Innovative. I ran nothing but race for a summer though.

I’ve owned two FJO’s-current one was purchased in 2004, and is on the original sensor. Seen lots of race fuel, was installed on my snowmobile for awhile, etc. No issues!

Dont have too much experience with Innovate’s WB (using AEM’s) but their datalogging software, Logworks, is sweet. Ive been able to do a lot of good tuning with their SSI4 and Logworks. Customer service/support forum used to be awesome but has been lacking since they came under new ownership. Logworks3 has a few bugs with it and they dont look like they’ll ever be addressed because of this.

A very important feature is some ability to log the software especially by RPM. Making a run and then staring at gauge/RPM and guessing is not a good runing method.

+1 I have the LC1 in my jetta. I installed it right next to my OEM WB about 3 inches away from it. It is dead nuts on with the same reading through my Vag Com. I even calibraited it wrong, with the o2 still in the exhaust and its still on with readings.

Yeah that part I dont like, I have a serial LC1 and a serial VAG-COM for the VW ECU, and only 1 port on the laptop. The software is nice and samples much faster than the VAG COM, but like you said there isnt an RPM readout, and I dont know how the controller would pick up rpms, I havent looked into it, because the VAG-COM logs WB AFR fine and it doenst matter to me right now to get the LC1 to log right.

QUOTE=TurboTravis;547912]LC1 is just too tempremental to me…

ooh the sensor is at the wrong angle…whoops, too close to the engine, oh wait, gotta recalibrate the sensor, etc etc…

If you want something that works, everytime, with any fuel you throw at it (LC1’s use the Bosch sensor which has a short life with leaded fuel), get an FJO.

But what do I know, I’ve only been using widebands since 2000.[/QUOTE]

Dont know what you have going on there… I welded the bung on to the side of the pipe a few inches away from the stock WB O2. Even calibraited it in the pipe, your suposed to do it in fresh air hit the button and then stick it in the pipe and complete the process. Even with me not reading the directions its dead nuts on with the same readings as my stock WB O2.

I even pulled the battery for 2 months on the car and fired it back up, didnt even calibrate it again, and once it warmed up it was again right on with the stock WB O2, i assume the controller has a watch battery backup or something.