Airmancam; 2006 Subaru STI

Heh, I agree. After having it wingless I don’t even really like the STI trunk anymore. Plus the extra 2-3MPH you gain in trap speed is good too :slight_smile:

you get 3 mph in trap speed from taking off a stupid fucking trunk? WTF.

Yes sir, on average people gain 1-3MPH. I think Pete gained 2 or 3 on his evo. That must be why I lost to the GTR!:lol Jk lol

That is fucking redic. I’m taking the trunk off the viper. Fuck it. AND the hood.

150+mph traps here i come

You have 6 too many cylinders for that:lol

i didnt know rs’s came with wings. turn the boost up and run him again!

You might be right…I thought it was him saying it maybe not LOL. I’m only on 24psi on 93 right now. I’m not going to turn it up and kill it yet, maybe next year. E85 and 26psi should be good enough for now. My tuner trapped 134 @26psi on e85 last fall full weight, and I’m a good bit lighter than him so it should be decent.

nope RS did not

Maybe it was John telling me, I can’t remember too many winged family members:lol It seems to be the time guys are picking up online though too. It would be interesting to do back to back runs and compare them.

yup, i wouldnt be suprised one bit with picking up speed after removing that wing. its there for a reason, which is to redirect air. even tho it works for increasing downforce and high speed stability, it causes drag and will make the car slightly slower.

i dont think that any of ams’s drag cars had wings did they? ive always actually wanted to do a removable drag style sheet metal wing on my ride. that would actually help increase your speed.

I’m not sure. I know A few drag cars have the little whale tale wing. The STI wing is also 17lbs LOL. I’m currently trying to swap my wingless trunk for a carbon fiber one as the wingless is about 24lbs and CF or spec c is half that.

But why ??? Your cars slow lololol

lol, thats why i need to look like john force while im going to the grocery store. gotta make em think its fast.

certainly doesnt sound fast … couldnt even tell that thing was modded