AKA Rally 2007 - Salt Lake City to Atlantic City

Day 4 Fargo to Milwaukee

The night before, Nick, PT and I had replaced rotors and pads on the front of the trans am… one of the bleeders was seriously fucked up on the pass front caliper and I was concerned about it but felt good when we rebled the brakes in the morning. Well, needless to say I was wrong, because Nick pulled out of the parking spot and lost his brakes in the parking lot. Geyser of brake fluid. So we pull the wheel back off and inspect… the PO had stripped the bleeder. We try and find another caliper in Fargo… no dice, so we try and helicoil it and get it to seal… I was doubtful, and rightfully so, no dice. So we get a 9/16’s tap, a PCV rubber grommet, teflon tape, liquid teflon, and a large bolt and I goto town on Nick’s caliper. Not only got it to seal, but got a great bleed out of it too, he said his brakes hadnt felt that good all trip. We inspected it at every stop and did the speed limit to Milwaukee (the e39 M5, the Transmaro bird and the 330i). It held great and Nick ended up finishing the rally with that fix as no dealer would get him a caliper due to them claiming “he might not show up” even with his credit card info. Stupid GM dealers.

http://www.akarally.com/gallery2/d/10004-2/IMG_8680.jpg